500 de-luxe

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Marc
Sea Trout

Re: 500 de-luxe

Post by Marc »

Hard plastic.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

On inspection the tube has been bent in the post. The seller contacted me for my number and I've spoken too him, full refund. Gutted. I was really looking forward to having a 500. :cry: :cry:
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

That is a darn shame, at least you're getting refunded, another will pop up
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

JohnL

Post by JohnL »

Looking at where the breaks are if he doesn't want it sent back you could always make a short 500 from it. Probably be quite useful for stalking.

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

I thought that. I wish it had only been one section.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Thats hard POD, but like Loop said keep looking.

Having said that I was sure I saw a couple ion the bay this week, then I couldn't find them again.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I've had rods arrive OK just wrapped in cardboard...how a proper hard plastic tube gets crushed is beyond me.

I strongly suspect deliberate vandalism as even a 'don't care' attitude isn't going to bend a rod tube....

It's notable how often it's the same areas that have the problem, not that the PO is ever going to investigate it...one whiff of an internal enquiry and they're all out on strike. If a policeman dares to enter a sorting office ....same result, without even enquiring to find out why he's there.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Not quite what your looking for POD but there's a Chapman 550 on the bay at the moment.

Badger
Grayling

Post by Badger »

Prince of Durham wrote:Hard plastic.
Sincere commiserations.

That is really concerning. How can a hard plastic tube get crushed to that extent and cause that type of damage :Confused:
"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I am sure another will come along POD, and you have my sincerest sympathy on the loss of this one. My wife always says if it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't meant to be. Good luck on your next find, and I hope it is even more of a bargain for you. :Hat: Reedling.

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”