Match Aerial Mistake

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Match Aerial Mistake

Post by AshbyCut »

Mine is left with it's battle scars, Sir ... but that's my personal choice.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

This one has more than a few scars!

I see your point this reel wont be sitting on the shelf but out in all weather trying to bag a fish or two. I will see how it cleans up and make my choice from there.
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Don't forget that there must be a little end float or the spool release fork will bind in its slot on the centrepin. Fifty quid for an Aerial....that's good luck indeed!

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

I agree with AC, the battle scars are part of its history, mine only had a little paint left on the spool so I used a dremmel to polish it back to metal, the backplate has been left with its scars :Thumb:
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

Hi again,

The reel has been strip now all the grim has gone and it's now spinning like new(ish). With a good hard spin I am getting around 90 seconds of spin. I have also tried to take the small amount of wobble out of the spool with (some) success, I thinks it's as good as its ever going to get with me doing it.

I take your point about the paint and am already falling in love with the "weathered" look.

Also can anybody tell me where I can find out more information on the reel's number shown on it's label.
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”