River Roding

This forum belongs to the River Roding.
Andrew Banham

Re: River Roding

Post by Andrew Banham »

The boss said i can go fishing tomorrow, i was going sunday however her friends party is sunday. The river is 1.35m it needs to drop to 1.20m or more. Still if i only went out in perfect conditions i would not get out much.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Wonder what it's like Debden m11to snakes lane ... Might take a look next week

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

I think passingford is the last place to flood with its overall deeper water but its looking grim with the river at 1:38m an hour ago.

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

I didn't get to go out today. The river is dropping and the level is just under 2:00m. I don't want to moan too much as people in Surrey and Berkshire have no power and are living upstairs. I did film my last trip making entries every hour and providing I can get out more this season with some success I,'ll upload to YouTube. I,'ll try and get out next weekend and fish somewhere different and away from passingford bridge and the M25.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Took a walk down by Buckhurst hill .... The Roding was coloured like milky coffee . Fast , very fast ..but no where near over the bank.........it had been some of the fields up stream from the start of the walk were still covered in water. I'm gonna give this a go before the 14 th ...even if its only for an hour with a worm nailed on the deck in a slack...... I love that little river .... And there are fish in there... There must be must be :Wink:

Richard Crimp

Post by Richard Crimp »

My local river, as Mr Banham knows! Wanstead end, and I never fish it half as much as I should and twice as much as I'd like at times! It can be a little difficult at this end...

My avatar is of the Roding! :Wink:

Richard :Brickwall:

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Richard I fished the stretch behind the Ornamentals for years, it used to have some nice shoals of Chub in it.

Richard Crimp

Post by Richard Crimp »

It suffers from heavy predation Gaz, the chub are still there, so are the carp and the dace, but it's often like fishing a ghost of a river. There's quite a few mink, the cormorants are ruthless, egrets, herons, mitten crabs etc. etc. the scant few fish are beleaguered by outside pressures! Plenty of minnows though, and I saw one that would challenge the record, seriously! :Beg:

I like fishing the place, but it's more of a wading walk through than a productive days fishing, hence the photographs of this wonderful looking river!

Richard

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

There used to be some big perch under the footbridge heading to the Ornies and some shoals of dace a little further down towards Ilford.

I haven't fished my old stretch for about ten years perhaps I'll take a wander in the Summer.

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Its looking better for this weekend. Passingford bridge is counted by location as the upper river and we have 9ft at low level and 2.5-3 miles upstream still in bdac river we have 12ft but the weir at passingford mill might have something to do with this. I am keeping tabs on the river level this week want to get out sat evening.TD we have to be optimistic otherwise we would do the sensible thing and stay home. Good to see Richard on here my TAC buddy.
Good luck if you cast a line anywhere this weekend.

Return to “River Roding”