2014/2015?

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: 2014/2015?

Post by AshbyCut »

Barbulus, Sir ... perhaps these rose-tinted glasses would help ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Sk ... 51b7b0ab31
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Gurn wrote:Five days for my group in early/mid August, just about perfect. Lady Sarah being more adept than me again this year at getting through to Les (I'm beginning to worry about them two :Hahaha: ). Will be so nice to see the pool in it's summer glory. God knows I've endured enough bad weather on Redmire over the years, each trip has been enjoyable though. This will be my first real summer visit.
FB, I'm so glad you have managed to secure a place. I think I know what it will mean to you. Perhaps you might pen a poem on the banks and pin it to the hut wall for those that follow to enjoy.
Skeff, I really think there is something in the warm bait theory, I've also had good success on freshly boiled maples.
I will seek inspiration there, Gurn :Hat: or - more likely, inspiration will find me there... :Happy:

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Good luck to all of you who secured dates for Redmire in the coming season :Thumb:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Good luck, you lucky chaps. I didn't partake in the "wars" this year.

I might again next as I would love to wet a line at Redmire.

Nice dates Stu.

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Barbulus wrote:Gurn

I wonder whether for my February dates - if I also take along a selection of photographs of previous Summer Holidays with images of long sandy beaches....azure blue sky and sea....pin them around the pool .....on the dam and then up in the shallows...perhaps the boathouse....then spread a few lazy abandoned looked beach towels around the banks.....maybe a hint of "ambre solaire" suntan lotion mixed in with the warmed cockles....is it at all possible that it might fool the Redmire carp that my February dates are in fact a balmy evening in August ? Just a thought really.....
I can see it now...'Bamford's Beach Bar' :cheers: ....I think you will have to pray for a winter such as we are experiencing currently. I would say there is every chance of a fish then. It only takes half an hour of sunshine and they'll be up in the shallows. One thing you don't want is a freeze, fingers crossed for you mate.

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Well cross them fingers for me also please Gurn, because yes I could not resist it and have just booked 2 nights next February (brrrhhhh...), just 12 months to go now :Thumb:

Will still look hard for a summer cancellation though :Wink:
Best Fishes
Mushy

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Mushy

Excellent news. See you there. You will recognise me because I shall be wearing the rose coloured sun specs courtesy of the young Mr Ashby Cut........................now...............just where is my sun hat to protect the old head from the searing rays......thinks.....did I leave it in Spain last year.....?

Barbulus

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Look forward to it Barbulus, I'll bring the Sun Tan Oil :Chuckle:
Best Fishes
Mushy

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Mushy wrote:Well cross them fingers for me also please Gurn, because yes I could not resist it and have just booked 2 nights next February (brrrhhhh...), just 12 months to go now :Thumb:

Will still look hard for a summer cancellation though :Wink:
Keep your eyes peeled on the Redmire forum daily, a cancellation always appears at some point.

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Thanks Gurn, I will :Hat:
Best Fishes
Mushy

Return to “Redmire Pool”