Intrepid Reels

The K. P. Morritts Reels forum.
Ajsrider
Minnow

Re: Intrepid Reels

Post by Ajsrider »

Hi All
The Intrerpid Reel website is up and operational and today the last mods were completed to update the pictures and text. I have tested it (just) and put some new pictures on it albeit of a Rodrill rod as a test- and it worked sorry it has taken so long but these mods were out of my hands.

Just to let you know I get comments from all over the world regarding the website and the reels. Most people want to know how much there reel is worth; others asking where they can get spares.
If anyone knows where spares can be sort please let me know.

Didnt mean to hijack the thread but Ashbycut mentioned the site and I had some good news.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

The man who owns www.intrepidreel.com can hardly be said to hijack a thread on K P Morritt's reels !!!

Glad the site is sorted, Sir ... it's an invaluable resource.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Ajsrider wrote:Hi All
The Intrerpid Reel website is up and operational and today the last mods were completed to update the pictures and text. I have tested it (just) and put some new pictures on it albeit of a Rodrill rod as a test- and it worked sorry it has taken so long but these mods were out of my hands.
Glad to hear that Ajsrider. :Thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

SofaSurfer wrote:I sold hundreds of these reels in the late 1960's early 70's. A large number were returned within a few weeks because they were no longer working ! Quite a few had bubbles in the metal castings and just fell apart. It was the Intrepid that made me decide to save my money until I could afford a Mitchell.
Its a shame because this reel was my 1st and still holds a soft spot in my heart.
However, I also saved up to get my hands on a Mitchell.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Ajsrider wrote:Hi All
Most people want to know how much there reel is worth; others asking where they can get spares.
If anyone knows where spares can be sort please let me know.
Ajsrider.
Got these for the Intrepid Envoy but might fit other models, all new part,s
PM if interested.

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

AAhhh....... Intrepid reels, whilst not as reliable as other reels, as stated by others, they hold a big spot in my heart, especially the Intrepid Elite. For was it not; "The first reel with a line roller, which came out about late 50`s-60`s. The man who nagged KP Morritts, a British firm into doing this, was of course our old friend & innovator Richard Walker. :Thumb:

Ajsrider
Minnow

Post by Ajsrider »

Hi LJM183
Many Thanks for the offer of Spares for an Envoy. If i get asked for any spares for an Envoy I will contact you and put you in touch with the other party
I am very greatful for your response.
Ajsrider.

Stingray
Grayling

Re: intrepid reels

Post by Stingray »

Useful site.

Return to “K. P. Morritts Reels”