Vintage and Secondhand Tackle Fair - Romsey

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Re: Vintage and Secondhand Tackle Fair - Romsey

Post by GarryProcter »

It looks like I will be there too - nothing exciting to sell or exhibit. My first time, as it is rather a long way. I will have a little money burning a hole in my pocket though! The only thing I actually need is a pair of reel bands (is that what they are called?) - it's for a rod I'm building for my grandson using on the cane from a 3-piece fly rod, and the cut-down butt section will become the (removable) handle. Got everything I need, except for the reel bands. I hope this sort of stuff is usually available? Once I've purchased the reel bands the sky's the limit (I wish)!

GloucesterOldSpot

Post by GloucesterOldSpot »

GarryProcter wrote:It looks like I will be there too - nothing exciting to sell or exhibit. My first time, as it is rather a long way. I will have a little money burning a hole in my pocket though! The only thing I actually need is a pair of reel bands (is that what they are called?) - it's for a rod I'm building for my grandson using on the cane from a 3-piece fly rod, and the cut-down butt section will become the (removable) handle. Got everything I need, except for the reel bands. I hope this sort of stuff is usually available? Once I've purchased the reel bands the sky's the limit (I wish)!
What size do you need? I have a box of assorted fittings and may have something to suit which I could bring along. Failing that, Steve Ward is usually there with a selection of rod-making parts.

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Hi GOS, that would be much appreciated. The corks I have are 1" diameter, but I'm expecting to reduce that by a little. I believe seven eights of an inch is common?

Waterlogged

Post by Waterlogged »

Oh dear, that's only about an hour from me, not sure my bank manager would be very happy, what with my 'problem' an all :think:

GloucesterOldSpot

GarryProcter wrote:Hi GOS, that would be much appreciated. The corks I have are 1" diameter, but I'm expecting to reduce that by a little. I believe seven eights of an inch is common?
I think I'll struggle to find that size - most of mine are 1" or bigger, salvaged from old rods. I'll have a look anyway.

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Waterlogged wrote:Oh dear, that's only about an hour from me, not sure my bank manager would be very happy, what with my 'problem' an all :think:
You have a bank manager!

Avocet

Post by Avocet »

Do majority of the stalls have credit card facility or is it all mainly cash.

PDuffield
Grayling

Post by PDuffield »

GarryProcter wrote:It looks like I will be there too - nothing exciting to sell or exhibit. My first time, as it is rather a long way. I will have a little money burning a hole in my pocket though! The only thing I actually need is a pair of reel bands (is that what they are called?) - it's for a rod I'm building for my grandson using on the cane from a 3-piece fly rod, and the cut-down butt section will become the (removable) handle. Got everything I need, except for the reel bands. I hope this sort of stuff is usually available? Once I've purchased the reel bands the sky's the limit (I wish)!
I've got a pair you can have Garry if aluminium is ok. The internal diameter at the thin end is less than an inch, I've attached a picture so you can see what they look like. Send me a PM with your address if you want them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

GOS - that's OK, I don't have to take the cork down from 1" - it would be fine. I just thought I might struggle to find a set larger than seven eighths.

Paul, that's extremely kind of you. If GOS's are too large I'll get in touch.

GloucesterOldSpot

OK - I'll bring some along so you can choose.

Regarding someone else's question - there are no credit facilities! One or two sellers might take a cheque, but don't bank on it so take cash, though if you run out there is a cash machine about ten minutes' walk away in Romsey.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”