My Lucky Strike

The Allcocks Rods forum.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: My Lucky Strike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Ed, I think those HBL black rings will look lovely on a Lucky S with black and yellow whippings. If you need a tip ring to match let me know.

Wal.

EdNash
Rudd

Post by EdNash »

Wallys-Cast wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:56 pm Ed, I think those HBL black rings will look lovely on a Lucky S with black and yellow whippings. If you need a tip ring to match let me know.

Wal.
[/quote

Thanks Wal, I just had a set in my stash, thought it would be nice to use them. I have a tip thanks. What would they have been fitted to originally?
Ed.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

EdNash wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:18 am
Wallys-Cast wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:56 pm Ed, I think those HBL black rings will look lovely on a Lucky S with black and yellow whippings. If you need a tip ring to match let me know.

Wal.
[/quote

Thanks Wal, I just had a set in my stash, thought it would be nice to use them. I have a tip thanks. What would they have been fitted to originally?
Ed.
They appear on a few Milwards rods, Swimversa maybe and the featherlite range. They also became popular on many glass rods.
Wal.

EdNash
Rudd

Post by EdNash »

ImageCheers Wal, its coming on !

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

EdNash wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:33 pm ImageCheers Wal, its coming on !
Looking good Ed.

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

[/quote]

Thanks GB.

I have done something really bad and hope the cane “gods” don’t come after me.
I had a set of black high bells tucked away so am fitting them🥴Image
[/quote]

Ed

I think I may join you in angering the cane gods here :secret: but I think your lucky will look stunning with those black high bells :secret:
Please send me some photos when she’s done I would love to see her fully kitted out in her stealth high bells but feel free to pm them to me if you wish to avoid the wrath of the purists :Chuckle:

GB

EdNash
Rudd

Post by EdNash »

Gudgeon Basher wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:19 pm
Thanks GB.

[/quote]

Ed

I think I may join you in angering the cane gods here :secret: but I think your lucky will look stunning with those black high bells :secret:
Please send me some photos when she’s done I would love to see her fully kitted out in her stealth high bells but feel free to pm them to me if you wish to avoid the wrath of the purists :Chuckle:

GB
[/quote]

I will mate, further to the stealth rings I shall probably do it in matt varnish! The last few rods I have done in gloss and it is just too bright even after a rub down with a racing pink.

EdNash
Rudd

Post by EdNash »

EdNash wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:36 am
Gudgeon Basher wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:19 pm
Thanks GB.

Ed

GB
[/quote]

I will mate, further to the stealth rings I shall probably do it in matt varnish! The last few rods I have done in gloss and it is just too bright even after a rub down with a racing pink.
[/quote]

PS Sorry to hijack your thread.

EdNash
Rudd

Post by EdNash »

Here goes, bit of a set in the tip section maybe because it is rather floppy! Bit of mouse damage to fix, maybe another coat on the whippings. Colour is gudebrod.

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

Looks great Ed, hope she gets you a fish or five when you get her out on the bank in stealth mode.

GB

Return to “Allcocks Cane Rods”