Traditional carp fishing

This forum is for discussing carp.
Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Re: Traditional carp fishing

Post by Nigel Rainton »

I like the idea. I imagine quite a few members would like to write something or we wouldn't be on this forum. However, who would edit the contributions ? The moderators seem busy enough. Perhaps we could elect an editor and get him promoted to moderator. As an aside, are there any female members of this forum ?

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

SofaSurfer wrote:I like the idea. I imagine quite a few members would like to write something or we wouldn't be on this forum. However, who would edit the contributions ? The moderators seem busy enough. Perhaps we could elect an editor and get him promoted to moderator. As an aside, are there any female members of this forum ?
Please note this is a forum and not an online magazine. The area would be for your own traditional fishing articles, you the members would be responsible for them so I would hope they would not need editing.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Post by Chris Bettis »

I can understand making the 80s for era so we had the hair rig. In my own fishing I will,sometimes not as a habit, use the Hair Rig and think that is fine. What I will not use is a bolt rig, for me that takes the need for skill out of the equation and, for me is a step too far. It is up to each of use to choose where that point is. For me the more simple the rig, ie rod, reel, line and hook when I can. Surface and margin fishing in other words when I can is my ideal.

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”