Romsey Tackle Fair March 10th

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Paul Cook
Grayling

Re: Romsey Tackle Fair March 10th

Post by Paul Cook »

First time at Romsey for a good few years and made a change for me to be a spectator rather than a stall holder . VFC Jim , at last we meet , nice to put names to faces . Tried unsuccesfully say hello to Nobby , he was busy whenever I walked past . Managed to have a chat with Jeff Della Mura and catch up with a few others . Bought some nice handmade floats from a stall holder tucked away outback , and just missed out on a nice swallow pin from stall holder John Henderson , dithered as usual and then it was gone . Good luck to whoever bought it , lovely reel . Once again , a good day out and even the wife enjoyed it there !

Steve Reed

Post by Steve Reed »

I am indebted to that very nice man Garry Mills who fettled my speedia wide spool deluxe and it is now perfectly set up for next season. Also succumbed to temptation and added to my book collection. A great day.

Steve

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

Was good to meet Nobby and DaceAce whilst on the stall. Also saw another familiar face from the TFF trip to the Itchen, sorry I didnt get to meet anyone else. Managed to get my self a Chapman 500 and a very good condition copy of A passion for Angling (book) for very good prices. Was a very good day with the normal array of rods and reels, prices do seem to be creeping up though with some marked up for stupid prices.
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Sounds like you all had a great day. :Thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I got cold this morning and watched a frustrating footie match in the afternoon - I wish I'd been in Romsey :(

Glad you all had a fun time :Sun:

PartTimePiscator

Post by PartTimePiscator »

Romsey was my first tackle fair. I made the visit along with my wife Szabina, who fishes but “isn’t interested in old tackle” !
However that didn’t seem to stop her reducing the contents of my wallet with the purchase of a nice blue enamel teapot and matching mugs for a bankside brew and a selection of hand made floats. We almost finished up with a wooden reel as well. :shocked:
I however was slightly more restrained and just bought a few fittings to make a swingtip and a few porcupine quills.
I was hoping to find some odd rods sections to make a net handle and bank sticks with and maybe a fly rod tip section to make a swingtip – but there didn’t seem to be much “spares and repair” gear there – unless it had all sold early on.

Thoroughly enjoyed the morning and also managed to meet up with Bumble for a quick chat as well.

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

I thoroughly enjoyed myself too. Good to meet up with fellow TFFers. Mrs GP was pleased to hear that her cake went to a good home. It had been helping to sustain me fishing on Friday and Saturday, so it was not quite all there (rather like myself :Happy: ). Glad you finally got to see "The Whippersnapper" Jim.

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

PartTimePiscator wrote:Romsey was my first tackle fair. I made the visit along with my wife Szabina, who fishes but “isn’t interested in old tackle” !
However that didn’t seem to stop her reducing the contents of my wallet with the purchase of a nice blue enamel teapot and matching mugs for a bankside brew and a selection of hand made floats. We almost finished up with a wooden reel as well. :shocked:
I however was slightly more restrained and just bought a few fittings to make a swingtip and a few porcupine quills.
I was hoping to find some odd rods sections to make a net handle and bank sticks with and maybe a fly rod tip section to make a swingtip – but there didn’t seem to be much “spares and repair” gear there – unless it had all sold early on.

Thoroughly enjoyed the morning and also managed to meet up with Bumble for a quick chat as well.
A lady of excellent taste your wife - even though you only wanted one mug really! :Happy:
Jim

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

Can anyone tell me who was sharing a table with JDM?
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

JohnL

Post by JohnL »

It was going to be my first tackle fair but I was persuaded to fish instead. It was flippin freezing (and snowing) but it didn't seem to bother the carp who were happily taking floaters.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”