Marco Cortesi

The Other Reels forum.
MGs
Pike

Re: Marco Cortesi

Post by MGs »

Got some threadlock today. Worked a treat and only a few seconds to do.
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Funny attitude the Chinese have to bearings. They are always loose and always fitted loosely too!

Sort of allows for any production line errors of machining I suppose.

I've just rebuilt a Preston PXR4000 match reel( clearly made by Shimano as I'd always suspected). It's got bearings on everything, but not a one of them stays put if you turn the body over. And I swear they are priming those bearings with whale oil............

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Is the Hollingworth reel exactly the same reel as the Marco Cortessi just in a different box?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I think there are 3 or 4 reels all of the same design with different names. Cortesi, Hollingworth, Ikonix etc.

If they are not the same, they are very similar.
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Yes, and also the older Total Fishing centrepin ( always tickles me that....Matt Hayes doesn't like 'pins)

I think there are two sizes and a couple of colour finishes, as well as the later ones having a line guard supplied instead of as a separate purchase.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/product ... n-box.html

I wonder.......... :Confused: If nothing else the box looks nice, maybe worth a go
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

thats what used to be called the hydroflow and its junk ,normally the dragoncarp reels are ok ,but this is the excemption
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Box is worth more than the reel then :Chuckle:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

it'd make a nice jewelery box /valentines pressy ,the box is what your paying for the reel is just ballast
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Paul-H

Post by Paul-H »

Hi Guys

I have also had a few of these Dragon Carp reels, namely the Marco Cortesi Mk2 and the Newer Matt Hayes one, plus an Ikonix Elegance, which on colour alone (Bright Bronze) was not very Elegant.

Obviously none of them where a match for a better made reel, they where all well worth the money asked, which was from £30 to £60. Obviously they probably wouldn't last 50 plus years like some old reels did and more expensive modern pins will, but for just dipping your toe in the pin puddle they are an excellent choice, after all its no good spending £300 and up just to find out you don't like centerpins is there.

Yes they are not the best made, yes they have not used the best materials but for an introduction to this wonderful way of fishing they get my vote every time.

Paul

Return to “Other Reels”