Romsey Tackle Fair 2021

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
BeardyRich
Minnow

Re: Romsey Tackle Fair 2021

Post by BeardyRich »

I’ve been told it’s on this Sunday 3rd October at Romsey School.

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

Trains may well be the best way to get there given the present fuel problems.
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

I have no option but to use my car, I have some large items I need to transport - good job I have a 7/8th full tank. Being all motorways I should average about 65/70 mpg out my V70. I'm a steady driver and already averaged 53mpg over the last 5000 miles, that includes local and trips every 2 weeks to York to fish. So can easily get there and back. But another spanner in the works so as to speak, I may have to return home on Friday night and will not know that until Friday afternoon, so its wait and see.

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

Good luck for the weekend, Barbelseeker.
The comments you make about being a "steady driver" make so much sense.
With careful/ gentle use of the accelerator and sensible cruising speeds, big savings in fuel can be made.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Fished at Raker lakes on Sunday - I have a habit now of counting how many lorries/cars I might overtake, setting my cruise at 58mph and having classical music (101.1) on - think it was 8-10 on the way home over 80 miles. At 58 i find I blend in nicely with all the traffic on the inside lane. I know that if I go at 70mph, my consumption drops to about 38/42 mpg. Seems that everyone wants to live life in the fast lane - accelerate/brake/accelerate/more violent braking. Remember doing a trip, about 10 years ago, to Exeter Hospital on a Sunday afternoon, from where I live practically on the M1 at Junction 27 - I arrived some 4.5 hours later - 252 miles - and only touched my brakes 5 times and never changed gear for nearly 245 miles. See what I can do going to Romsey, but it will be a weekday.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Well, I've had no luck getting fuel these last few days so sadly Romsey just doesn't make sense on the quarter of a tank I have left in the car.

Unless things change in the next few days I shall have to give it a miss yet again :-(

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Nobby wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:33 am Well, I've had no luck getting fuel these last few days so sadly Romsey just doesn't make sense on the quarter of a tank I have left in the car.

Unless things change in the next few days I shall have to give it a miss yet again :-(
I share your uncertainty Nobby, I was not intending to go to Romsey, because I had committed months ago to a big extended family meeting on the same day. This may not now go ahead because of the fuel crisis, but a decision will not be taken until late on Friday. It is so annoying as I love Romsey and I do need to shift some surplus tackle! :surrender:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Arcadia
Ruffe

Post by Arcadia »

I'll be stalling out on Sunday and look forward to seeing faces old and new, if there is anything anyone is after specifically please contact me as I have accrued a lot of gear over lockdown so may have what you're after.

John (Andrews)
07980 274 383

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Arcadia wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:18 am I'll be stalling out on Sunday and look forward to seeing faces old and new, if there is anything anyone is after specifically please contact me as I have accrued a lot of gear over lockdown so may have what you're after.

John (Andrews)
07980 274 383
Look forward to seeing you John. I love reading your blog, so interesting.

:Thumb:

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Regrettably no visit from me - Northumberland family visit there and back this week has left me with very little fuel!

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”