Romsey Vintage Tackle Fair 2nd April 2023

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Humber67
Gudgeon

Re: Romsey Vintage Tackle Fair 2nd April 2023

Post by Humber67 »

A great morning as always and didn’t spend to much this time. Who was the seller with all the Roger Surgay
Signature leather bags and reel cases.
Martin
When I grow up I want to be ME

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Humber67 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:00 pm A great morning as always and didn’t spend to much this time. Who was the seller with all the Roger Surgay
Signature leather bags and reel cases.
Martin
It was Roger Surgay.

OldRod
Grayling

Post by OldRod »

Having recently (as previously noted in these pages) moved "dahn sarf" it was my first Romsey fair, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Ted, aka Lea Dweller, considerably lightened my wallet - thanks Ted, very good to meet you.
I met up with Wallyboy Rob, who kindly invited me to fish with him last month - still the only day on the water I've had since moving.
Very pleasurable to meet with Moley, having enjoyed many of his posts. Pies were discussed. also Tonkin Wand, Keston, Barbelbonce (we set the word to rights - our main conclusion being that fining the water companies for polluting the rivers is useless. Nothing will change until someone goes to prison. Off the soapbox now.)
I also bought one of Roger's leather bags, possession of which I have had to defend from predatory glances by Management! I pointed out that she has more bags, especially of the hand variety, than I have fishing rods. Defence successful.
I met several other very agreeable chaps, names escape me, but good to meet you all.
Next, some fishing!
At the end of the game, the pawn and the King go back into the same box........

Humber67
Gudgeon

Post by Humber67 »

Well that makes sense :doh:
Martin

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Who was the chap with the large table in the far corner , he had a TFF badge on, I bought a lovely old bait box from him :Thumb:
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Humber67 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:19 pm Well that makes sense :doh:
Martin
Sorry if my response came across as blunt Martin .
Roger had a lot of stock on his table and a huge variety .
As well ad the bags and reel cases he also had his own brand float tubes and large numbers of his own floats as well as many from other people , I bought some Harcork and a Paul cook float from him.
He gets quite busy there sometimes.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

I enjoyed Romsey yesterday, I always do! :Ok: Seeing some TFF friends and selling some of my remaining items to some of them was a pleasure! Thankfully I have very little 'stock' left now, unlike some of the table holders that have masses of items that went unsold. After Redditch next month I may well revert back to being a 'punter' myself, as I will always have an interest in vintage and traditional tackle! Thank you to everyone that stopped by to chat, too many to mention, which was good! I will be sharing with John (Fredline) at Redditch next month, so hope to see off the remainder of my items. Thank you to Steve Draper and everyone that made yesterday so enjoyable for myself and my Son! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Humber67
Gudgeon

Post by Humber67 »

Keston wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:56 pm
Humber67 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:19 pm Well that makes sense :doh:
Martin
Sorry if my response came across as blunt Martin .
Roger had a lot of stock on his table and a huge variety .
As well ad the bags and reel cases he also had his own brand float tubes and large numbers of his own floats as well as many from other people , I bought some Harcork and a Paul cook float from him.
He gets quite busy there sometimes.
Not blunt at all.
No worries.
Martin

EdNash
Rudd

Post by EdNash »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:44 pm Who was the chap with the large table in the far corner , he had a TFF badge on, I bought a lovely old bait box from him :Thumb:
That would be Mr. Crabtree I believe. I bought a lush Hardy Mitre Wonderex float rod from him.

EdNash
Rudd

Post by EdNash »

Lea Dweller wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:04 am I enjoyed Romsey yesterday, I always do! :Ok: Seeing some TFF friends and selling some of my remaining items to some of them was a pleasure! Thankfully I have very little 'stock' left now, unlike some of the table holders that have masses of items that went unsold. After Redditch next month I may well revert back to being a 'punter' myself, as I will always have an interest in vintage and traditional tackle! Thank you to everyone that stopped by to chat, too many to mention, which was good! I will be sharing with John (Fredline) at Redditch next month, so hope to see off the remainder of my items. Thank you to Steve Draper and everyone that made yesterday so enjoyable for myself and my Son! :Hat:
Great to see you again Ted. Sorry I had run out of filthy lucre by the time I got around. Ed.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”