2014/2015?

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
GazTheAngler

Re: 2014/2015?

Post by GazTheAngler »

Well if I win the lottery this week Opening week is mine!

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Well done to all those who got a place, I tried and tried and tried with no luck! :Cry:

I long to return now I am older and a bit wiser... ok maybe just older! :Sarcasm:

One day... :(
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Bit of a closed shop I think, same old, same old seem to fish it, probably a list of phone numbers
that get answered, and if your number is not on the list, well. Don't even bother trying now, better
things to do with my time, after all, time is one thing you can never get back.

Might be fairer to do it as a draw, like the FA cup, all send your name in, put an end to cronyism which seems to be rife in angling.

ATB Macko

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

I can guarantee that the phone system is completely fair and everyone has an equal chance by phoning.
Undoubtedly some people have friends who all try to call which increase the odds four fold.
As I have said on the Redmire forum we should remember that Redmire is a private pool and no-one has a right to fish it other than the owners (who don't). Those who help run it but do not get paid get to fish it.
It is entirely up to them who they allow to fish it and how they they chose to allocate the fishing. It would be very easy for them to close up shop and just have it as their garden pond!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Well said Snape !
I have no connection with anyone remotely famous in Angling Circles - no cronyism - just a simple telephone call open to all. I am fishing Redmire in September. So is my good fishing buddy. Well done the Owners and well done Les and his voluntary assistants for making Redmire open to all in a very fair open and transparent manner. I have fished for carp for forty years and have never fished Redmire before so I am very sorry if that disappoints any conspiracy theorists but life and the telephone can be unfair. Oh yes....forgot to add that I have had to sell two cane rods to get the money for my Redmire ticket so I guess that might suggest that actually I and no doubt others had both a little luck to get thru on the telephone and it might also suggest a bit of determination to part with something I valued to afford to then raise the money. !

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

After no luck for two years i'm still going to have a go next year.

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Can anyone give me any pointers as to the best time to call, because the last time I tried on the day
of application, 6 hours of phoning, when not engaged no answer, left messages, no return call.
Six hours, constantly dialling, re-dialling. Surely there's got to be a better way.

ATB Macko

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Try for cancellations thru the Redmire Forum ?.........there is a parallel to Glastonbury Music Festival to be blunt.....if you don't get one of the 140,000 tickets or whatever the number is..... in the three hours on the Sunday they go on sale there is always the re-sale a few months later when people have to pull out from their commitments....holidays....money....life....always worth a go....I know there are always opportunities as a glance at the Forum will show you if you go back on the threads each year....there are always a few who offer there bookings up every year.....

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

I think if you’re serious about getting a slot, you will. Three times in the last four years I’ve through early and secured a summer slot. Yes, I have a mobile on each ear constantly hitting redial, and my dad in the front room on the landline doing much the same. I always treat him to a slap up lunch for helping me. But with this approach you do get through, I can vouch for that and so can others. I think if you ring every so often half-heartedly then the chance will pass by till the next year. Go all out for two or three hours a year for the chance to sample paradise, well worth it in my opinion.

All the talk of it being rigged is nonsense. I know that for a fact. Les mans the phone takes the bookings. The actual phone call once you get through takes a while whilst Les fills you in on what’s left and takes down all your details. Then the phone is put down only to start ringing straight away and is picked up again. If you are lucky enough to be the one calling when he does, you’re in, simple as that.

I think it’s the most fair way of doing it by far, it works and the majority of folk are happy with the system.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Yes I agree SK its not rigged, I got through at about 3 pm on the day and the poor man sounded exhausted :hairpull:
Best Fishes
Mushy

Return to “Redmire Pool”