Honorary Vice President

Re: The New Owner of Redmire?

Post by Dave Burr »

Can we all calm down now please?

Jardine
Perch

Post by Jardine »

Watching that was thoroughly depressing.....
Snape wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:30 am
Carp Artist wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:49 am :Scared: Just hope Danny Faiarse don't buy it lol :Scared: :Hahaha:
That would be so sad....

Redmire 2018 nightmare....

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

All they need now is an automatic reel that brings the fish to the bank for you.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

JAA

Post by JAA »

Snape wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:30 amThat would be so sad....

I have on occasion tried to explain why I think anti-eject, bolt-rigs and boilies are the antithesis of angling, but this video does a far better job of that than I ever could.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Snape wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:30 am
Carp Artist wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:49 am :Scared: Just hope Danny Faiarse don't buy it lol :Scared: :Hahaha:
That would be so sad....

I just thank god we on here angle the way we do. :cheers:

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Brilliant !

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

its not really for me but when fishing down the river sometimes it would be nice to see whats going on down on the river bed

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Mario wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:47 pm its not really for me but when fishing down the river sometimes it would be nice to see whats going on down on the river bed
That's the wonderful thing about having an imagination, the beauty is in the not knowing but instead building a picture in your mind of what just might be going on below the surface and adapting your fishing style to perhaps tempt a bite.....
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

RBTraditional wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:54 pm
Mario wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:47 pm its not really for me but when fishing down the river sometimes it would be nice to see whats going on down on the river bed
That's the wonderful thing about having an imagination, the beauty is in the not knowing but instead building a picture in your mind of what just might be going on below the surface and adapting your fishing style to perhaps tempt a bite.....
Exactly! The act of watching the rod tip with your hand hovering over the butt imagining a pair of lips inches away from the bait is better than any pharmaceutical stimuli. Well put RB. :Hat:

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

RBTraditional wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:54 pm
Well said Rob. Each to their own but if I want to know more about what's happening below the surface, then I'll opt for a float instead of a ledger.

I'm not trying to take anything away from anybody but it's something Chris Yates has often said and I tend to agree with him.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Return to “Redmire Pool”