The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair Redditch

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Re: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair Redditch

Post by Kevanf1 »

Guys, I am so sorry :Cry: I woke this morning and if there was a joint it was hurting, if there wasn't a joint that was hurting too :Thumbsdown:: I don't know if I have the same bug that my wife has had for the last few days or if it is just the arthritis kicking in. Whatever, it has totally scuppered my plans to go the tackle fair. I was really looking forward to this and now all I have is a day of sitting having to watch bloody 'Friends' DVDs on tv. I cannot abide the programme but my youngest daughter loves them... over and over again.

So, I hope those that did manage to go happened upon some bargains, please, tell us about them. Maybe next time in a few months time....
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

So sorry you couldn't make it Kevanf1 ... it was a wonderful morning.

Needless to say it was great to make contact with too many TFF members to name individually ... (and the delightful Mrs. Loop).

I had the privilege of watching Gary Mills 'fettle' my Ambidex, and confirm that it's a very special one ... and he refused any payment. Not only that, but he's going to sort me out with a spare spool.

I had the supreme pleasure of meeting Ryan Burns, and looking at his superb rods ... of which more in the "Harvey Torbett" thread as soon as I've finished this.

I had equal pleasure in meeting up again with "James" ... aka Andrew Davis ... and can confirm that his latest rod is indeed a thing of beauty and will no doubt be a joy forever to the lucky person who nabs it. It sits as beautifully "in the hand" as it looks to the eye.

The day was capped by the generosity of Bob Brookes ... which will be explained in the "Knocker Norris" thread.

If you missed this one ... make sure to be there for the next.
Last edited by AshbyCut on Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Post by Kevanf1 »

AC, I was really looking forward to this. It's just about typical and my health has meant the last two fishing sessions I had planned with a friend got the order of the boot too :( I don't like this arthritis thing, can I have a new body please? :) I'd even settle for a carbon fibre one..... :Scared:
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

I was an enjoyable morning but as always I spent too much money. Mostly due to the beautiful display of Andrew Field floats which I couldn't resist :Hide:
I dropped off a couple of rods to Ryan Burns for a refurb and Garry Mills tweaked my Aerial - thanks. I also came home with some of Garry's oil, a couple of Andy Batchelor's floats, a Pridex fly reel and a variety of lures. I could easily have come home with some of Andrew Davies's rods but the budget would quite stretch that far, beautiful as there are (as good as Barder in my view) .
It was good so see a few familiar faces and meet a few more.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

I must admit I thought it wasn't as good as last time I went there was a few stalls missing from the last time I went no Paul Cook and fisher men's emporium were not there either I like browsing the book stalls I thought there wasn't as many as times before on the plus side Andrew field was there but I could get near as he was mobed most of the time I also like looking at the artwork and stuffed fish but there wasn't much of that either but I did come away with a fine bone china mug with a painting of pike on I now have the carp one and the salmon one in the series and I got some free post card from cocky buddy books one from the Poles apart book the other was Maurice pledger one

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Its always a good day when you are up to your armpits in fishing gear :Happy: Like Loop I had my better half as my rod carrier leaving me two hands to rummage - that's not a reference to Mrs Loop by the way :oops: ( well, not when he was looking :Wink: )

Loop relieved me of a rd surplus to my requirements and I immediately set about spending the money :huray: . I bought a very nice little Abu 40, some spinner baits (not exactly vintage but I love using them for pike and the price was ridiculously low at £12 for 5). Two books found their way in my bag and I met my mate Andy and collected my Floatcaster and a cane lure rod that he's been refurbishing. All in all a good day :Thumb:

It was good to meet up with AC, Snape, Merlot, Teme Lad, Gary Proctor, Steve, John and Andy (from the Fennel weekend) and to have a cuddle with Mrs Loop. If I've missed anybody out forgive me and I'm sorry I missed Bob Brookes, I'd like to have had him rub some of his perch luck on to me :)

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Missed you too Dave, where were you?
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

All over the bleedin' place Bob. Perhaps next time we should wear pink carnations.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I had a great time, picked up an aerial allcocks of Ryan Burns, Dennis Pye Rod off our Dave and also 3 floats off Andrew Field. Met a few more fine chaps, Bob Brookes, Gary Proctor, TemeLAD, Andrew Field, Ryan Burns, Steve Middleton and met a few of the old favourites, Merlot, AshbyCut, Snape, Hermit, Andrewe Davis, Andy Bachelor apologies if I missed anyone :Thumb:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

You spent more than me loop by the way I think I spoted you outside by the teas shop

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”