2014/2015?

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: 2014/2015?

Post by Loop Erimder »

I'm good friends with Les and I have to phone too, I didn't get through this year but I phoned him on his mobile a couple of months later to ask him something non fishing related and just nipped in the question if there was anything going, someone had just cancelled or couldn't do the full week. Right place right time and I got 2 days
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

I'd like a coincidence like that Loop, wouldn't it have been fairer for Les to offer that cancellation
on the website to one and all.

Not what you know, just who you know or should I keep pestering Les on his mobile every hour
until another cancellation comes up.

I disagree with Nigel (Snape) as to how the application process to fish Redmire is done,constant
phoning, and I know that the owners can turn it into a garden pond if they want, but remember,
you have to pay to fish Redmire, it's not done out of the goodness of their heart.

Loop and Nigel, it's not my intention to upset people, but I seem to see the same people talk about
their experiences of Redmire, that I seemed to have wrongly assumed it was a closed shop.
If that really isn't the case then I apologise for any offence caused.

ATB Macko

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

No offense caused here sir, but from the bottom of my heart, please trust me on this.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

There was a chance for someone to fish 3 or 4 days of the last week of the season just gone, the cancellation was posted on the Redmire forum, yes it was short notice and I even posted about it on here as no one was interested, not even a reply post about it, whereas when I saw the cancellation back a few years for a few days in January I called and posted and then I fished Redmire for the first time. Just depends how much you really want to fish redmire.

One person phoned my mate on the 9th of March and several days later he was fishing at Redmire for the first time, he also caught. Thats how it happened for me for my first visit. Some people only want to fish in the summer and are never going to be interested in Dec, Jan, Feb or even November and March, too cold or think they can't catch that time of year or they only want to see it like in APFA with lots of green about, warm sunshine and 18 hours of daylight.

Maybe the ones that are willing to fish it at short notice or are willing to fish it in the depths and darkest of winter are rewarded by the spirits of anglers past and a little bit of extra luck are cast their way on phonewars.......theres always the first week auction too :Hat:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

StalkingLuke
Crucian Carp

Post by StalkingLuke »

I've yet to have the pleasure of meeting Les and have no connections in the angling world and for a time questioned the fairness of the booking procedure. It was several years before I finally got through about four years ago, it was late in the day so I got a January date but I was still happy to fulfil the dream. Then despite myself and friends trying really hard each year, it was not until this year that I got through much earlier in the day and bagged a few days in July! So all I can say is don't give up but persevere and your lucky time will eventually come.
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Having fished Redmire for the last five years and also booked to fish this year, I guess this puts me firmly in the 'same old, same old' camp. I've never been offered any favouritism by the powers that be :cheers: at Redmire. Nor have I asked for it.
In fact it's usually my Lady Sarah who gets through to Les on 'phone wars', not I. Perhaps I should start to worry. :Chuckle: .

The simple truth regarding the booking of some precious time at this fantastic place is this...Fail to prepare, Prepare to fail.

Good planning and persistence...you'll get through.

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Hi Gurn, any chance Lady Sarah putting in a call for me for next season :Chuckle: :Chuckle:

AndyD
Minnow

Post by AndyD »

I've recently got week on the pool from 14-19th September. Is anyone from here going to be on?

And to the fairness or not of phone wars, I tried for the first time last year and was rewarded with an October weekend, and this year I've got a week's cancellation. I have no connection whatsoever with anyone who is involved running the pool, I've just been lucky. That's what it is - luck, nothing else. If you get through, you're lucky. If you don't, you're not.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Good point Andy. I agree fully. I wish I was there then as well but I have end September so not too long now !

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I've never fished Redmire but would like to. From what I've been able to glean prices seem to range from the heady heights of the auctioned first week to about £500.

Could somebody give me an idea of the price and how the system works? Presumably come January I can ring up to attempt to get a slot which I then pay for and that cost is the rental of the pool during that time slot? I'm then free to form a group to fish that particular slot or is the fee I pay per person and I thus have no control over who I then fish the pool with?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Return to “Redmire Pool”