Fishing with Chris Yates in 2014 (eBay auction)

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Re: Fishing with Chris Yates in 2014 (eBay auction)

Post by Gary Bills »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Indeed...

I think it was Len Arbury who said the first time he spoke to Dick on the phone he was petrified, this was Dick Walker!!! His wife answered and said, "Len, its Dick Walker".

Trembling Len answered the phone expecting to be star struck when Dick calmly said something along the lines of "Watcha Cock". After that Len felt as though the pair had known eachother for years, such was Dick's way.
Yes, a nice thought: that's how I'd like to imagine it.. :Happy:

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

I'd like to meet Dick or Chris and maybe sit by a roaring fire in a sooty little pub and have a few beers and hear the stories they've got to tell and absorb the fishing information they have to give. Dick and Chris fished/ fishes a lot and if he doesn't know something we don't then we may as well pack in for there is no more learning to be had.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

I have no doubt that I could learn a lot about fishing, writing and life in general if I tagged along for a day. However, I don't like people watching me when I fish, it is a distraction. I generally fish alone. Having met a few celebs I have found that they are all normal people who just want a chat, nothing wrong with that.

Return to “Chris Yates”