First week of the season at Redmire

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Tony1964

First week of the season at Redmire

Post by Tony1964 »

The first week of the season is auctioned off every year at Redmire. Even CY and the team had to bid to win their week to film APFA.

As far as I know, I am currently the highest bidder. If I win the auction I will be wanting to take 3 other anglers with me and split the cost four ways.

Please PM me if any of you are interested. The current bid stands at £2100 which would obviously be £550 per angler.

I look forward to hearing from you :thumb:

J.T
Catfish

Re: First week of the season at Redmire

Post by J.T »

Best of luck Tony.

Normally I would have bitten your arm off but this year a very kind benefactor and great friend has given me a place in a group for a week in July, you know who you are sir. :hat:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Dave

Post by Dave »

Tony.....I hope you get the opening week if you want it. Personally I wouldn't let it be made public what you have bid...can you imagine if in the last few minutes someone pops in a slightly higher bid and you miss out? :cry: Happens regularly on EBay...but, like I say, I wish you every success. Of course you may have put in more than £2100 and at £550 it would be a great trip...especially as its the 60th anniversary year of a very important event at the pool

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

Dave wrote:Personally I wouldn't let it be made public what you have bid...can you imagine if in the last few minutes someone pops in a slightly higher bid and you miss out?
I am happy for people to know what I have bid Dave, the first bid, made by Nick on the Redmire forum, was published by him and we have to bid in increments of £100. If someone outbids me then fair play to them. I like things to be open and fair.
What I don't want is to pay all that money and go on my own. I think that a big part of the Redmire experience is the social side. So come on chaps, who would join me if I get the chance?

I'm not climbing any trees or making scarecrows though!

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

Still highest bidder and have 2 other anglers interested. Just need one more to make up the 4. Please PM me if you want the week of a lifetime!

Forgot to mention that this year is 60th anniversary of a certain catch so a very special year indeed!
(Sorry Dave, just realised that you mentioned that first :oops: )

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

God if I had the money I'd bite yer arm off! I'm on the pond a few weeks later, but that first week would be magic..... Oh well. Maybe i'll find a wedge of cash somewhere!!!
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

PondPikey

Post by PondPikey »

PondPikey IS Pondering!

Will there be wine and some cheese Tony?

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

PondPikey wrote:PondPikey IS Pondering!

I think that popping a cork on the dam at midnight on the night of the 15th is compulsory PP. :wink:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

tony1964 wrote:
PondPikey wrote:PondPikey IS Pondering!

I think that popping a cork on the dam at midnight on the night of the 15th is compulsory PP. :wink:
Don't forget a libation for the gods of the pool.
Then launch a firework rocket from the empty bottle. :D
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

Snape wrote:Don't forget a libation for the gods of the pool.
Then launch a firework rocket from the empty bottle. :D
:hat:

We potentially have 4 danglers for the first week, just hope our pockets are deep enough if the bidding goes up. To be honest I am not counting my chickens but you have to be in it to win it as they say :beg:

Return to “Redmire Pool”