2014/2015?

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

2014/2015?

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Any forum members lucky enough to secure some angling at the pool next season?
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Barbulus
Tench

Re: 2014/2015?

Post by Barbulus »

Yes........but please do not ask when as I just know it will be ice !

Danny Boy
Arctic Char

Post by Danny Boy »

I stood more chance of winning the lottery :Cry:
I go fishing not to find myself...but to lose myself

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Didn't get through this time around but I am on next month and last week though, there's always the cancellations to snap up if your quick enough
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I avoid even trying. To me it has so much history, I think my view of it would change if I went. Similar to "Never meet your heroes"
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Well I for one intend to fish it - and as far as reasonably practicable - I intend to do so in a traditional way.

Last month I sold a rod to get the cash in anticipation that I would get thru this year and am looking forward to it; piscatorial madness or not !

I currently have two MKIV's - admittedly one of which I think may have a crack somewhere but which I cannot see (think I might post a question on a different thread on that for some advice !). I have four Mitchells - only one of which currently is working so that is more work there and once I have set aside some funds again will try and enlist the help of any Mitchell experts out there to get the "dead" Mitchells working again.

I intend to use one of my centrepins and I already have a number of superb feather inlay quills from good TFF friend "Barney" which will see service at Redmire during the undoubted float fishing session !

I have wanted to fish Redmire for 35 plus years and intend to enjoy every minute of the experience - carp or no carp - I am under no illusions but it is a part of another "goal" achieved !

I admit I shall be taking a fleece lined sleeping bag and Goretex clothing too but the ageing Kelly Kettle - complete with split seams so it leaks more than it boils - will also see service ! The only question I need to get an answer to at some stage it whether my little sports car with rather low suspension will be able to navigate its way down the slope without grounding or am I going to have to walk down the hill toward the dam with all my gear slung over my shoulder and then camp in the"Evening Pitch".............Oooooooooooooohhhhhhh Noooooooooooooooooooo.....what was that noise.........children giggling ?

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Sounds perfect...when you on Barbulus???
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

I've got a November weekend - November 21 to 23. :Sun: :Happy: I've not stopped grinning, even though I'll probably need my best thermals and a hot water bottle! It's a funny month, isn't it, - November? It could even be warm, although I doubt it. If you'd asked me in a pub, beforehand, over a pint, I would have said that I always catch pretty steadily in November - but a check with my records show my "average" might only be five to ten carp in that month, of all sizes, - so I reckon it's going to be tough. I don't mind, though, because it's Redmire, and the leaves will be at their very best, and that melancholy, autumnal mood always reminds me of carp fishing, somehow. I shall soak it all in, - imbibe the atmosphere, for what will be the highlight of the year. I hoped to fish it with my brother, David, but he's extending his house this year etc and, in his own words "has too much on," which is true. But he will be there in spirit, because he's sending me a cheque, to cover the cost - which is a wonderful fraternal gesture.
Next year, he and my nephew plan to do phone wars together: but will any of us get through then? I feel very lucky to have managed it this year. :Happy:

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

SK and FB

To misquote Monty Pyhon there........"November....you're lucky. I have February"....Ha Ha ! I do however fully share your intent that very much reflects my own view although I think regrettably I shall of course miss the Autumnal colours and instead have the pleasure of a more stark Redmire atmosphere. I find myself partly thinking that perhaps Global Warming could be a good thing - provided that it advances sufficiently to provide a balmy Summer's evening in the Winter....there again maybe Les and Richard might allow a small open camp fire to warm the cockles.....or there again.....maybe not !

Barbulus

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Well done FB when you get on that dam and look at the pool then you lnow you are there :Thumb:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Return to “Redmire Pool”