Fisherman1947
Dace

speedia pictures for Chavender

Post by Fisherman1947 »

IMG_2015022749115[1].jpg
IMG_201502273623[1].jpg
IMG_2015022711579[1].jpg
IMG_2015022750455[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Old fishermen never die they only smell that way.

Chavender
Eel

Re: speedia pictures for Chavender

Post by Chavender »

Fisherman1947 wrote:
I have a speedia a wide drum no handles treble check which seem pushed in as it won't turn . I think it is the deluxe version. The handles have been sawed off.
Yes a later improved model speedia deluxe ,most everything seems too be there (well apart from the handle's) ,i can't see the bushing in its place .it might be missing ? the sprindle housing is brass ,and the bushing a bronze colour and usually you can see the difference .

bushing in place linning the inside of the brass housing at the ratchet cogs centre

the not turning problem could be that its been dropped face down and the turret has been pushed in a tad .it could be that a knock as taken out the end adjustmen gap and when latched in place theres no running clearance left and its all jammed up .

what you need too do is ,with the spool on see if the grub screw (in the centre piece ,on the spool) will screw In ,if it does watch the spools lower edge to watch it rise a half millimetre or so and give you some running clearance .

I couldn't see the spindle pin ,it should have a coller / ridge at its base which the spool sits on ,this also helps prevent a spool from fowling on the ratchet parts

(well just off it to spin freely) so the spool could be being held tight onto it preventing it from turning.

another possibility is someone has removed the bushing and the grub screw housing (turret) and put the turret back but pushed it in too far .causing the spool to lock up .

the bush if missing you'll need to replace and maybe the spindle pin too ,the bushing is phosphoric bronze .
its a press fit ,if the spindle pin is strait then it should be ok

another cause could be a bent spindle pin ,which could cause the spool to bind .

the missing handles is a minor problem ,as although authentic speedia handles aren't readily available theres planty of other handles that could be made too fit.

the paintworks isn't in too bad of condition for the main part .
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Return to “Speedia Reels”