No Chub but...

This forum is for discussing pike.
Aquaerial
Chub

No Chub but...

Post by Aquaerial »

In common with many of you I have also struggled this year finding Chub. For me it's on the Thet in and around the village. Even Sparky becomes so fed up he starts looking for them himself.
Sparky1.jpg
Last week we found what seemed like the last remaining Chub in the river and after a bit of a squabble down stream I suddenly found myself in a fight with a larger adversary upstream. Needless to say Esox won but it was nice to see a proper bend in the KP before the size 14 lost its hold.
Today then to cheer ourselves up we grabbed a couple of hours with some Joey's and a stout rod as where I wanted to fish is downstream from a weir pool and there are a lot of sunken branches in what is rapidly becoming a very neglected river.
Just finding a slack round a bend and letting the dead bait drift downstream.
Thet3 (Small).JPG
On the first very gentle retrieve.. a tweak and Bingo!
Thet1 (Small).JPG
A few more casts..and..Hoopla!
Thet2 (Small).JPG
Nothing of any size but so what, all in all it was a quick session but has restored my faith in this little river providing me and Mr Sparks with some fun from time to time...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: No Chub but...

Post by Santiago »

Well done!!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

It really looks a lovely spot! I have heard that the Thet has been denuded of fish in the Thetford area? I often fish the Little Ouse in winter and have had some nice chubb at SD. Will be fishing the Wissey on Friday. :Thumb:

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

GhyllManor wrote:It really looks a lovely spot! I have heard that the Thet has been denuded of fish in the Thetford area? I often fish the Little Ouse in winter and have had some nice chubb at SD. Will be fishing the Wissey on Friday. :Thumb:
That's a lovely little river and I wish you well on Friday GM. I know where you are catching the chub, I've had some nice ones there over the years
Chub 08.11 (Small) - Copy.jpg
You are not wrong about the Thet but I keep having a go, more in hope than anything else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aquaerial

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Nice one :Thumb: :Thumb: I intend to go for a few chub and pike before the season is finished, i'm off work all next week :Sun:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Well done.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

I do like your rod and reel combination and your catch sets the scene.

My favourite shot is of Sparkey ,you can almost picture him with rod in paws.

Trentfisher.

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

Loop Erimder wrote:Nice one :Thumb: :Thumb: I intend to go for a few chub and pike before the season is finished, i'm off work all next week :Sun:

Work !!!!

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Loop Erimder wrote:Nice one :Thumb: :Thumb: I intend to go for a few chub and pike before the season is finished, i'm off work all next week :Sun:
This high barometric pressure can only go one way Loop, in your favour. If it goes mild into the deal you are on for a good week. I wish you well in your quest. :cheers:
Aquaerial

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Nice one Aquaerial.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Pike (Esox lucius)”