East of Kintbury

This forum belongs to the River Kennet.
Rusty
Ruffe

Re: East of Kintbury

Post by Rusty »

Prince of Durham wrote:Forgive me for being APFA geek, but isn't the labelling on that picture slightly off? When Chris "sleeps in" he crosses the fence next to the hut to confront Bob, so the pike swim would be on the railway side. He also retrieves his dilapidated old pike rod from against the hut and fishes with the weed rack on his left. Then Bob fishes in the narrows above the weed rack for his roach. Or have I read that wrong?
Yes you are correct, the labelling is the wrong way round. Both were fishing on the hut side of the bank with the flow coming from their left to right.

Goosequill
Dace

Post by Goosequill »

Gents,

My apologies with the labelling, I seem to be having more senior moments and am frequently getting things **** about face, well done for spotting my mistake.

It's been lovely reading the tales from the folk that have fished there.

Cheers

Chris

Goosequill
Dace

Post by Goosequill »

I think I have it correct now, apologies:

Cheers

Chris

Rotrax
Rudd

Post by Rotrax »

About fifteen years ago I gave my wife a day on the Kennet near Kintbury for a days long trotting for Grayling. She blanked, I caught several small Dace, a really small Grayling and a splendid hard fighting Rainbow Trout.

Six years ago during a Narrowboat holiday on the K&A I fished various parts between Aldermaston Wharf and Reading.

The sport was poor, the river and canal being in flood.

Return to “River Kennet”