Rod Bags by Ellen Lawrence:

This forum is for discussing rod bags by Ellen Lawrence.
John M
Dace

Re: Rod Bags by Ellen Lawrence:

Post by John M »

Ellen is still making the bags I have ordered one off her today.
As no man is born an artist,
so no man is born an angler.

Izaak Walton 1593-1683

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

What information does she require in order to make one?
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

A diagram with measurements and an indication of what colour material and what colour ties you would like. She does tend to cut the fabric a bit large and I wonder if this is to cope with shrinkage later in the life of the bag, assuming you wash it one day or it gets soaked fishing. So when you measure up don't veer to the side of caution as Ellen will do that for you. Alternatively you can send her a bag to copy – I've done that in the past.

She's done some wonderful work for me, especially the replica Sharps bag she made – I was able to buy a brand new label for that bag, which she added. She tapes the open ends of the bag like Hardy's used to – it's a nice detail.

I imagine she buys her fabric via a wholesaler or buys the end of rolls as she doesn't always have every colour in stock so I'd say she probably can't colour match. That written she did buy some pale material for the ties as I wanted pale not black ones on my Sharpes bags. If you want a hanging loop you must specify that. I asked for the same fabric 'as per my previous order' but it had all been used up, so I had to choose another colour.

She did send me sample when I asked for khaki as that can mean different things to different people. If you don't mind a little wait she does fabulous work and I throughly recommend her. Her prices are very good. I've not asked her but I suspect she could sew in a little pocket for the ferrule stopper(s) if you wanted that, perhaps with a velcro or popper stud closure. I think she must have made me at least eight bags now, if not more. I like to have spares of all my bags, which reminds me I need to ask her to make me a bag for some landing net arms.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Isn't it lovely that were still able to get things like bags made, well done Ellen and thank you :Hat:

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

Yes she is wonderful I have two for my carp rods and a landing net pole beautiful work they are in burgundy I need another I will have to get the measurements to her :Ok: mike

Rojj
Stickleback

Post by Rojj »

I second all the positive comments about Ellen's rod bags. Just received two myself. Works of art!.
Rojj

Return to “Rod Bags by Ellen Lawrence”