River Roding

This forum belongs to the River Roding.
Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Re: River Roding

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Andrew Banham wrote:I got the same e-mail TD ,before I call my contacts in the EA were the signs from the EA? The EA usually post on their website any pollution however minor that's how I found out about althorpe which is grade A ranking which is brown trout and grayling conditions. Stanford rivers is grade B which does not explain barbel going in at 2-3ozs and growing to 5lb+ before being wiped out from the fly tipped septic tank why the owners were on holiday, OF course nothing suspicious here. In my opinion your tank your responsibility. Please drop off 500 fingering barbel between Stanford rivers and passingford bridge. Thanks
No they were not EA signs . They were laminated typed up . Maybe local dog walkers

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

They may have called the EA and the EA gave it the all clear. I know in the past pollutants have come from Loughton brook. I think your free stretch is under unbelievable pressure from this and other sources mentioned on other posts. I think if you can afford a club membership not Collier row or bdac but the roding specific ones they are value for money. A few bdac members also belong to these ongar clubs and have returned back from the 2003 pollution.

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Have some sad news Richard Crimp has passed away. Even though big thames carp and barbel were his favorite he still would wet a line over the roding every now and then. He posted on here near the end of the season asking for a session over the roding in the new season with me. Every time i go there i will think of Richard ,RIP buddy.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

I am very sorry to hear that Andrew and my thoughts are with family and friends.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Thanks buddy. He was stuck down by cancel at only 49.

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

Thanks Steve. I have given up the fishery officer for mitchells farm however will work hard through the closed season assisting my good friend John who is the Stanford rivers fishery officer. I am still a bailiff which comes with less responsibility, also a fishery officer receives about £280 a season for a help with fuel etc. Obviously this is less than you would spend in a year but living in west london and essex thought it wrong to take the money. I am on holiday at the moment however John and I will be patrolling our stretches and erecting signs when I get back. He was at shonks mill fixing a fence when car full of people with rods pulled up and spotted John and drove off in the closed season. Trespassing, no fishing licence and out of season fishing.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Very sad Andy, my thoughts are with his family.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

I was wondering if anyone had fished the Roding recently or had any news on the river generally?
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

I haven't neen over there in ages . Had an afternoon in the early autumn woodford area .... Great atmospherics ... Few tiddlers

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Keep saying I'll pop back before the season's end.

Return to “River Roding”