For Sale Again

Post by Ljm183 »

From the latest edition of Classic Angling

Just put up on Redmires Facebook page

Michael
Tench

Re: For Sale Again

Post by Michael »

These commercial fisheries are always changing hand!

Who'd buy it?...

Possibly Danny Fairbrass & korda to be included in his Embryo Angling portfolio?

Only joking......

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

I'd like to see someone like the AT step in and buy this property for the sake of angling heritage

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

They'd only lose it, like the match records for all the old "All Englands".
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

My dear Vole
I'm aware of the ATs past shortcomings, hence my choice of wording in the above. Whilst I don't hold aloft the flag of the AT, I am, as Im sure you will be, familiar with the expression 'If you've never made a mistake you've never made anything'. Do you have any suggestions?

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Sadly, no.
I tend to avoid carp waters nowadays, and have no longer any idea into what societies, sects, and companies the carp fishing fraternity has organised itself.
Carp-fishing is, however, the most "monetized" branch of English angling at the moment, and I'd suggest that following the money is the quickest and (rather sadly) likeliest way to find the "Angels" who could, perhaps, get together and keep this going as a "Heritage" fishery.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

If I were the owner I'd be a bit annoyed about this publicity, it is a private matter.

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

I dare say Mark would have had an conversation with the Richardson’s prior to talking with Classic Angling - he has been at the forefront of all the restoration and regeneration at Redmire and would have worked closely with them on all matters concerning it.

Regarding the sale I was also wondering about the possibility of the family being able to either sell the lake separately with various caveats in place to secure its future - or to position it as a separate entity from the estate as an heritage angling site - of which I am sure a revenue stream would be placed - after all as an entire estate sale there are no guarantees as to the future of Redmire with new owners. I am not sure about the legal issues involved - access etc but I do know it would be possible - an acquaintance recently sold a mill and within the sale a parcel of land had been granted to the family who for many many years had maintained the mill and its land.

Peter
Last edited by Pallenpool on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

After all the work that has been put into its restoration, this must be terrible news for those who put in all the effort and passion into the project to preserve the legend that is Redmire.
I am saddened by this announcement, and hope for a reasonable outcome.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

The idea of preserving something for future generations to be able to enjoy can work very successfully. Witness the number of British steam engines that are lovingly maintained, cared for and occasionally used on mainline tracks by often hard working unpaid volunteers all round the country. The problem with anglers is that it is sometimes difficult to get a consensus on the best way forward in the interests of the project.
Redmire and all that it represents may simply be too hot to handle - time will tell.....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Return to “Redmire Pool”