carp net

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Tom
Rudd

carp net

Post by Tom »

Hello to all,
I am looking for a Len Arbery net are they still for sale?
Regards,
Tom

JPC
Bleak

Re: carp net

Post by JPC »

I think Len has said his final batch are all accounted for. It’s rare to see any come up for sale on the various secondhand or auction sites, if they do they won’t be cheap.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

OMR on here makes a mean traditional large landing net head. I'm sure it would be very capable for carp and pike, I have one and it is a thing of true beauty.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Barbellina
Roach

Post by Barbellina »

Large Walker style net on auction site now starting at £350!
"Angling is a refuge from competitiveness, from rat-racing, from status-seeking. So let it remain."
Bernard Venables

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

You need to put your prices up OMR....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

BoltonBullfinch wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:26 pm You need to put your prices up OMR....

Thanks
BB
Thank you for the vote of confidence BB... :Thumb: , maybe a little.... must see what happens at the Vintage tackle fair in May.

Walker style nets are different generally larger design than the large Crabtree nets I make , the Walker nets have straight arms, with machined alloy spreaders ,and are triangular and a bit more weighty ,I did make a Walker style net once, but it was a bit weighty and was moved on quite quickly.

The nets I make are after the style of teardrop shaped Crabtree nets, and are lighter,but take up more space as they dont "fold up" for transportation, as you know.

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Len Arbery
Silver Bream

Post by Len Arbery »

Hello Tom,
As JRC accurately reports the current batch of my landing nets, in progress at this moment, are indeed all spoken for. I have, however, because of the continued interest in them, started compiling a list of names of prospective new purchasers. Therefore, I do intend to continue making my nets if my health remains sufficiently robust, (my next hospital appointment will confirm whether or not I'll have to undergo a further course of chemo therapy) and new orders are only taken on this understanding. Should you, or anyone else for that matter, like further information, please email me at lenarbery@aol.com
Regards and Thank You, Len.

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”