Palmer Fishing Tackle Specialities

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Re: Palmer Fishing Tackle Specialities

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Hi I been collecting these items when I see them. Now the prices are elevated I have eased off .. I have never used them in anger so to speak but I must experiment with some home builds with alloy tubing maybe. The corks causing waterings on movement down needs to be proved but the way I see it would defy the princembles of "little resistance"! Seek out Hooked on floats ,Jeff Della Mura, page 369-370. All info and pictures. Anyone got a disgorger I have only seen one for sale once and missed it ..Hi Ho..... Tony :Hat:

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Tonkin Wand wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:18 am Hi I been collecting these items when I see them. Now the prices are elevated I have eased off .. I have never used them in anger so to speak but I must experiment with some home builds with alloy tubing maybe. The corks causing waterings on movement down needs to be proved but the way I see it would defy the princembles of "little resistance"! Seek out Hooked on floats ,Jeff Della Mura, page 369-370. All info and pictures. Anyone got a disgorger I have only seen one for sale once and missed it ..Hi Ho..... Tony :Hat:
Yes I have at least one Palmer disgorger somewhere + a set of floats albeit minus the corks and float tube. These items came from a friend of mine years ago and I have to admit I have never used any of these items.

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Hi PH, Thank you for replying . Could I persuade you to part with all or some of the items at a fair price. In particular I want a "Palmer " disgorger. Kind regards Tony

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Tonkin Wand wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:35 am Hi PH, Thank you for replying . Could I persuade you to part with all or some of the items at a fair price. In particular I want a "Palmer " disgorger. Kind regards Tony
I will have a rummage for you Sir.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I have an idea they were based just north of Redditch, in Alvechurch? I used to go fishing there before each Tackle Fair

John Milford
Perch

Post by John Milford »

I've just stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd add, belatedly, my small Palmer collection.

It includes the disgorger mentioned elsewhere - and it's card confirms the address of the company.

I can remember buying a Palmer Float new! (It must have been very old stock, of course . . . . :liar: ).

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A seeker of "the fell tyrant of the liquid plain".

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

PershoreHarrier wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:23 pm
Tonkin Wand wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:35 am Hi PH, Thank you for replying . Could I persuade you to part with all or some of the items at a fair price. In particular I want a "Palmer " disgorger. Kind regards Tony
Found it - a little rusty I'm afraid!!

Bayleaf
Gudgeon

Post by Bayleaf »

I remember using one of those, the rubbers were hard plastic.

John Milford
Perch

Post by John Milford »

Bayleaf wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:40 am I remember using one of those, the rubbers were hard plastic.
The longer plastic sleeves were to allow the tip colour to be changed to either white, yellow or black, depending on light and background.

I remember Auger 'Nevamis' floats being supplied with plastic float caps. The darned things would weld themselves to the painted tip if left on for too long! India rubber caps had a tendency to do the same, although over a longer period.

(Thank goodness for the advent of silicone rubber!).

John Milford
Perch

Post by John Milford »

PershoreHarrier wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:23 pm
PershoreHarrier wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:23 pm
Found it - a little rusty I'm afraid!!
They do have a tendency to rust.

I have found that a brass-bristled suede brush is good at removing surface rust, without affecting the steel beneath too harshly - certainly kinder than steel wool.

Screenshot_20230509-135031_Photos~3.jpg

What about this intriguing device? I wonder if any of these have survived?

Screenshot_20230509-154208_Chrome~3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”