A Fish for Every Season by Stewart Allum

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mark
Head Bailiff

A Fish for Every Season by Stewart Allum

Post by Mark »

I have just pre-ordered myself a copy of 'A Fish for Every Season' by Stewart Allum, I cannot resist a chub book.

A foreword from Matt Hayes and comprising over 300 pages.

There are few fish which so perfectly encapsulate the title of this book as the humble chub. It can be relied on to provide sport on the balmiest of summer days through to the bitter, icy cold of deepest winter and can be caught on just about every type of bait and method imaginable. It grows to an impressive size and whilst those of modest proportions can often be caught in goodly numbers, the very largest, craftiest specimens can prove exasperatingly difficult to tempt and even then, the outcome is far from certain.

Stewart Allum has pursued chub throughout the length and breadth of this island, a passion born when, as a schoolboy, he first enviously regarded the brassy, thickset form resting within his Dad’s landing net. Since then, Stewart has caught many a worthy chub, having pursued them alongside some of Britain’s finest anglers in a career spanning over sixty years, the highlights of which are recorded within the pages of this book.

https://thelittleegretpress.co.uk/produ ... -hardback/

Book.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Mick
Chub

Re: A Fish for Every Season by Stewart Allum

Post by Mick »

I have one on order too Mark! I was privileged to know Stewart when I was a member of the Chub Study Group back in the day. He is a genuine, honest angler and I can't wait to read his book!

Martin James
Tench

Post by Martin James »

A top class angler, I reckon his book will certainly be of great interest to all of us.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

My copy was delivered today, looking forward to reading this.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

I have started reading my copy and its a very interesting read, beginning with his childhood and teenage fishing days. Thats as far as I have got so far.
Mark Davies

JPC
Bleak

Post by JPC »

An excellent read, very well written.

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

Really good book, well put together and some superb pictures too. Excellent!

SussexMan
Bleak

Post by SussexMan »

A very enjoyable read indeed. Have been enjoying S.A.'s writings since the magazine Coarse Fisherman's time. The most enjoyable chapters for me were the gradual increments, when he was in his youth, in chub sizes achieved over many years of careful application and hopeful anticipation, usually angling in very small streams (such as those that the lamented David Carl Forbes used to recommend). Hope it sells well; it really deserves to.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”