Pezon et Michel pole mods

An area to discuss your cane fishing poles.
Coral Maestro
Chub

Pezon et Michel pole mods

Post by Coral Maestro »

I decided to carry out a couple of minor modifications to the pole to make it more usable. The split cane tip section has had a braid loop whipped on just above the ferrule in addition to the one on the tip to allow the section to be elasticated. The elastic is attached by using a Stonfo connector at each end:

I also made an extension handle on the lathe by turning a piece of oak and covering it with sheet cork. A metal end cap and black trim ring completed the job. Fitting it entailed removing the cork plug in the butt section:

Finally, I turned some ferrule stoppers:

So now I just need to get out and use it! (once I've finished the Banker's throne).
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Liphook
Barbel

Re: Pezon et Michel pole mods

Post by Liphook »

Lovely adaptation and stopper set CM! I've never seen a P et M pole :Sun:

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

It was a nice surprise from my girlfriend! Strangely enough, I've seen 3 Pezon et Michel poles for sale on the 'bay in the last month so there must be a few around.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Delaminated
Bleak

Post by Delaminated »

Hi
Love the look of the pole extension handle, your Pezon pole mods move it into the “GT” category.
By some co-incidence I have only just purchased a P&M pole from EBay France.

It was listed at 4.5 metres long and brown in colour and similarly whipped , but in green, not as smart as the black and gold livery of the other poles, perhaps this is a budget model.
The ferrules are of the same pattern.

The tip in whole cane is rather short and has a shape akin to a thin banana.

A previous owner had added a set of wire rings and a tiny centrepin reel lashed to the middle of the bottom joint above the cork grip. A running line bobber float , shot and a no. 14 hook completed the ensemble.

The pole will need a little work , with a “Wal Style” tip allowing the pole to fish between 15’-16’ being the preferred path.

Regards Tom.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Hi Tom,
I think I saw that pole listed along with another by a company from Paris called Cormery Sechet. We won the latter item but haven't received it yet. I'll post once it turns up.
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “Cane Fishing Poles”