Chapmen 500.....Rebuilding thoughts and considerations

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Chess Fisher
Stickleback

Re: Chapmen 500.....Rebuilding thoughts and considerations

Post by Chess Fisher »

Hello Keith, yes I sourced the rings from https://www.guidesnblanks.com/home

I went for Jade lined butt ring only because they didn't do the Agate in the right diameter. Don't think the Jade detracts from the overal look of the rod so I pressed on with that quite happily.
The remaining rings were all unlined as well. The tip ring I believe to be original and was in good order so for the moment it shall stay. Until it shows signs of wear only then will I change it.
All the rings were Seymo rings.

Keith, I still have my order details on ring sizes so give me a shout should you need any help. Hope that helps.

Good luck with your 500 build Keith.

Gordon

Daltons
Ruffe

Post by Daltons »

OldRod wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:17 pm Hello Gordon. I have enjoyed reading about your Chapman 500 - well done. I am in the same position as you were - just about to start my 500, and will add the extra guide to make it a de luxe.
Can I ask where you sourced the new guides for your project?
Many thanks in anticipation
Tight lines
OldRod (Keith)
OldRod - Just to say - whilst guidesnblanks certainly have most of the Seymo open bridges you need for a 500 refurb, it might also be worth contacting John Chapman - you'll find his number on the homepage of chapmanblanks.co.uk .
John's helped me out with excellent service in the recent past when buying rings etc. to refurb a couple of 500s - as well as a few others. :Thumb:
Mike
"One thing we truly fish for is the occasion for self-congratulation" John Gierach - (The View From Rat Lake)

OldRod
Grayling

Post by OldRod »

Chess Fisher wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:59 pm Hello Keith, yes I sourced the rings from https://www.guidesnblanks.com/home

I went for Jade lined butt ring only because they didn't do the Agate in the right diameter. Don't think the Jade detracts from the overal look of the rod so I pressed on with that quite happily.
The remaining rings were all unlined as well. The tip ring I believe to be original and was in good order so for the moment it shall stay. Until it shows signs of wear only then will I change it.
All the rings were Seymo rings.

Keith, I still have my order details on ring sizes so give me a shout should you need any help. Hope that helps.

Good luck with your 500 build Keith.

Gordon
Many thanks Gordon. I have in the past bought items from them, so I will have a look 👀
Thanks again
Keith
At the end of the game, the pawn and the King go back into the same box........

OldRod
Grayling

Post by OldRod »

Daltons wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:51 pm
OldRod wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:17 pm Hello Gordon. I have enjoyed reading about your Chapman 500 - well done. I am in the same position as you were - just about to start my 500, and will add the extra guide to make it a de luxe.
Can I ask where you sourced the new guides for your project?
Many thanks in anticipation
Tight lines
OldRod (Keith)
OldRod - Just to say - whilst guidesnblanks certainly have most of the Seymo open bridges you need for a 500 refurb, it might also be worth contacting John Chapman - you'll find his number on the homepage of chapmanblanks.co.uk .
John's helped me out with excellent service in the recent past when buying rings etc. to refurb a couple of 500s - as well as a few others. :Thumb:
Mike
Thanks for that information Mike. I will try that approach.
All the best
Keith
At the end of the game, the pawn and the King go back into the same box........

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”