The Quinettes. Topic Resurrection

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Barbelbonce
Rudd

The Quinettes. Topic Resurrection

Post by Barbelbonce »

Since rejoining TFF, I am now picking-up where I left-off over 6 years ago and I have found the forum topic "Quinette Mk7" from 1 July 2015. First post by "QuinetteCane" which included several photos. viewtopic.php?f=189&t=18123
I mistakenly pm'd another member (ReelMaker) asking if he still had any copies of the images. RM made things very clear: his was the first reply to QC, not the OP, and he has never owned a Quinette Mk 7.
Bit of an elementary mistake on my part. Duh!
I discover upon trying to pm him that QuinetteCane is no longer on this forum. "The requested user does not exist".
I wonder if anyone has these images stored in a dusty old folder somewhere on a computer?
It would be of great help to me in my restoration of my Mk7 which has languished for 8 years awaiting some attention, to have some images of what was commented-on as a very good restoration indeed.
I managed to get my Quinette 8 done before other interests and demands paused my rod work. I must get the Q7 (and all the others) done pdq.
I hope somebody can please help.
Many thanks, Mike

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Re: The Quinettes. Topic Resurrection

Post by Deaf Cat »

The pictures posted in public fora are often picked up by the bots and are available elsewhere.

A Google image search for “Quinnette Mk7” brings up one TFF broken link along with a number of images which may help.

I suspect Best “job lot” yet by the Arcanist’s Angling on deepest Facebook may be right up your street. There appear to be both Mk7 and 8 shown.
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Didn't The Quinettes do a cover version of Hey Jude in the 70's?
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

:laugh1:

Barbelbonce
Rudd

Post by Barbelbonce »

Many thanks, Deaf Cat, for pointing me in the direction of the Arcanist's Angling.
I had to resort to breaking a lifetime's refusal to join master Zuckerberg's club to see Andrew Green's F'book pages.
Amazing! I have just spent the last 3 hours scrolling through. Fantastic.
Thank you so much for the steer.
Mike
(Amazed that there are 10 or so people asking me to be their friends on Facebook. Some family, some friends/acquaintances and a woman whose name rings no bells at all.....?!).

Dokterhoo
Dace

Post by Dokterhoo »

Hi
Try this, it may help.

Regards,
Dok

http://traditionalfisherman.com/viewtop ... 189&t=3176

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

Glad to be of help Mike, if you, or any of us come to that, are able to travel the TART group will be at ‘The Royalty fishery’ for our 7th annual fishing meet and charity raffle, August 14th this year, and would be a good chance to compare Quinettes, and other rods come to that 😉

Andy

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

By the way I forgot to mention as well as Greentura here I am ‘The Arcane Angler’ on FB and I’ve just acquired a third Mk8 Quinette to go with the Mk7, a Mk2 and Mk2b, latter two being fly rods. Latest Mk8 is in need of a full restoration which I shall do during the closed season 😉

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Interesting! What can you tell us about the 2 and 2b specs please Greentura?

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

Liphook wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:12 pm Interesting! What can you tell us about the 2 and 2b specs please Greentura?
The Mk2 is a 4/5# at a guess 7’6” with two tips, the 2b, an in joke as it’s really a 26 but John’s script looked like 2b when I first got it, it’s a two piece 9’6” 6-7# and has a 6” removable fighting butt. I had to make a brass tube repair, like a ferrule with spikes both ends but one piece whipped on both ends to rejoin the sections as the tip as it was broken in half. I’ve not tried either yet, not much of a fly angler, but I’ve got a couple of Milwards fly reels so hope to try sometime.

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”