Year Of Fishing Vol 1 Winter Pike

Listen to recordings of all things angling.
Phil Arnott
Chub

Year Of Fishing Vol 1 Winter Pike

Post by Phil Arnott »

Has anyone seen one of these come up for sale recently. I've not seen one for ages and wondered what they go for.

Deaf Cat
Grayling

Re: Year Of Fishing Vol 1 Winter Pike

Post by Deaf Cat »

Wow! I confess I had never heard of this.

On searching, I find that Caught By The River have it as a podcast.

I imagine the vinyl is worth a few bob if you find the right buyer.
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Thanks DC :Hat: I shall have that playing at some point this week as I have a rake of form-filling administration to do :Cry:

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Phil Arnott wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:51 am Has anyone seen one of these come up for sale recently. I've not seen one for ages and wondered what they go for.

Phil, I've just checked Abebooks and they have the LP for £50 but neither they or BookFinder.com have the book. It must be worth good money to the right buyer.

Phil Arnott
Chub

Post by Phil Arnott »

I never thought to look for the LP on Abebooks Dave.

The duo did record two others, one on trout fishing and one on carp recorded at Cave Castle Lake in the East Riding of Yorkshire which was rented by a group of seven of us as the East Riding Specimen Group. I don't think they were released.

We stocked the lake with carp, some bought through Jack Hilton who was thinning out some of the smaller Redmire fish.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Phil Arnott wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:05 pm I never thought to look for the LP on Abebooks Dave.

The duo did record two others, one on trout fishing and one on carp recorded at Cave Castle Lake in the East Riding of Yorkshire which was rented by a group of seven of us as the East Riding Specimen Group. I don't think they were released.

We stocked the lake with carp, some bought through Jack Hilton who was thinning out some of the smaller Redmire fish.
Phil, Do you remember the thin plastic discs that came free with a magazine or was it the weeklies. I had one that may be in the loft with my old vinyl, I can't for the life of me recall who's on it but they were discussing the start of the season.

Phil Arnott
Chub

Post by Phil Arnott »

Dave Burr wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:14 pm
Phil Arnott wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:05 pm I never thought to look for the LP on Abebooks Dave.

Phil, Do you remember the thin plastic discs that came free with a magazine or was it the weeklies. I had one that may be in the loft with my old vinyl, I can't for the life of me recall who's on it but they were discussing the start of the season.
I vaguely remember those Dave but can't remember what was recorded on them.

Return to “Pod Casts and Radio Recordings Etc”