Waggler Fishing

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Waggler Fishing

Post by Olly »

Oh! And the "Bread Punch Fishing" book!

Been making floats for many years! Started with Bill Rushmer and the Optimas SG back in the late '60s. The late Ray Mumford being the ""tutor""!

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Thanks Mark. You’ve enthused me to start practicing on Saturday! I’ve never had any up in the water Bream of more than a few ounces but I know where I’m going to start trying!

My respects - your frustration is a lot more restrained than mine. The air turned blue around me 2 weeks ago when I lost the best Tench I’d hooked in a week long fishing trip!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Thanks Mark.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Duckett wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:17 pm Thanks Mark. You’ve enthused me to start practising on Saturday! I’ve never had any up in the water bream of more than a few ounces but I know where I’m going to start trying!

My respects - your frustration is a lot more restrained than mine. The air turned blue around me 2 weeks ago when I lost the best Tench I’d hooked in a week long fishing trip!

Phil
I was fairly restrained as I'm aware of a 'live' mic but I did overdub the soundtrack. I went back to another swim the following evening and caught good-sized roach as fast as I cast in, with a few skimmers and rudd mixed in.
Last edited by DaceAce on Fri May 21, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Olly wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:11 pm Oh! And the "Bread Punch Fishing" book!

Been making floats for many years! Started with Bill Rushmer and the Optimas SG back in the late '60s. The late Ray Mumford being the ""tutor""!
I also started making floats in the late 60s but can't help making yet more, got a batch being painted at present and the batch before was for my cameraman.

BTW did you ever come across an angler called Jim Murphy from Surrey? He was on holiday in Wareham circa 1971 and pulled my leg that he was Ray Mumford so I went home on my bike and brought back a picture of Ray. I remember the day as he was catching just dace on white maggots and he found a single yellow maggot and told me he'd get a roach on it and promptly did just that.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I may have but it may have been just "" Jim ""!!

There is a video of Ray making floats and an excellent picture of him on the front of a book - fishing the Knight & Bessborough reservoirs in Walton.

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Up early this morning for an hour by the water - it's raining now - to make Part 5 which is about plumbing the depth:

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Thanks again Mark. Like the pole rubber suggestion. This ones going on my girlfriends to watch list as you’ve explained the importance of both plumbing and of changes in depth to the fish far more clearly that I’ve managed!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Here's Part 6 which is a basic guide to fishing a slider in stillwater:

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Very interesting Mark. I have to admit that I haven’t needed to fish a slider since I regularly fished for Bream on Cheshire mere’s and flashes (lakes created by collapsed salt mines) in my late teens but I must give it a go again, so a basic re-introduction is great. Thanks.

Phil

Return to “Fishing Films”