Romsey Tackle Fair 2021

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Old Man River
Eel

Re: Romsey Tackle Fair 2021

Post by Old Man River »

Well said Peter !

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Pallenpool wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:27 am That’s good news for many, but I cannot understand why an official announcement is not made on these pages as there has been a fair casting of doubt regarding its status. If your into ‘Traditional Angling’ this surely has to be the first port of call. I am along with many I assume on here not a participant of sites such as Facebook.

With the whittling down of TFF members in the last few years I'm not even sure if Steve Draper is a member anymore. He isn't big on forums anyway and only ever posted to give us the Tackle Fair dates. In the last few years he's relied on me to post the dates here anyway, which I was happy to do.

To that effect I posted the upcoming date back in May, but it was always going to be Covid dependent.

Edit: A quick check of members suggests he is no longer a member on here and he would therefore have been unable to post here.

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Confirmation received from Steve Draper this week.... Sunday 3rd Oct 9am to 2pm.Romsey Community School.. Today Saturday 25th Sept.every petrol station for miles around is out of all fuel My long awaited trip to Hampshire is looking unlikely . Government procrastination hits us again!!!!!! :hairpull:

Goosequill
Dace

Post by Goosequill »

So looking forward to this and just hope things are not scuppered by the petrol thingy.
Last edited by Goosequill on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Too far and too risky with the petrol problem - but that said, I hope all who attend have a good time. Any news on the Yorkshire meet anyone know ?

Barbelbonce
Rudd

Post by Barbelbonce »

I am now giving my much anticipated return to Romsey, after an absence of 8 years, some serious thought, due to the petrol supply/driver idiocy situation.
My tank is 90% full, having filled last Monday, 20 Sept. This, on motorway/GOOD A road running, gives me 500m + a bit range. Tomorrow, Monday and Tues of next week, I have must-do journeys totalling 560-ish miles, so a 160m round trip to Romsey on Sunday seems difficult without a guarantee of fuel availability.
I'm just hoping that in the next few days, people will see sense. Purely selfishly, of course, so that I can comfortably get to Romsey in the knowledge that I will be able to refuel in the following week.....
I had to go to the supermarket mid-Saturday afternoon; not one bog-roll to be had - shelves stripped and all the outer packaging strewn all over the aisles. Luckily, I was not seeking any.
Mike

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

I might have to go to Romsey on the 30th, can anyone recommend a good (but not too posh) place I may stay until the 3rd?

( I'm not one for spending £150 for a B&B, nor am I a Yorkshire man who are renowned for frith - I'm just tight)

Thanking you in anticipation,

Peter
Last edited by Barbelseeker on Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

I'm in a similar position to Barbelseeker.
If things go according to plan, then I will be looking for a room at Romsey on Saturday night.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Wanderer,
Shame, I have to go down for a Friday Meeting or we could have travelled together and swapped stories.

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

That's very good of you Barbelseeker.
Hopefully we can meet up at Romsey and swap stories.
I'm traveling down by train and am really looking forward to the weekend.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”