Romsey Tackle Fair 2021

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Old Man Oakley
Roach

Re: Romsey Tackle Fair 2021

Post by Old Man Oakley »

As a little reassurance I live 30mins from Romsey and most of the petrol stations around here have fuel.
Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.

Goosequill
Dace

Post by Goosequill »

Firstly, im so sorry to hear about those that could not make the journey due to the ongoing mele de fuel, we look forward to seeing you at the next one.
Secondly, it was great to be back at such an event in over two years. I recognised a lot of traders faces and a few people walking around, it was lovely to see something familiar again to remind me of those pre COVID days. I spoke to a couple gents about fishing around Oxfordshire, i obtained a Wizard rod and a B.James Perfection, a few books and a couple of mitchell 300s. All in all, lovely day out. The only minor gripe is i always find the lighting a wee bit dim in the main hall, as if someone scuffed the dimmer switch with their shoulder while rushing to the front door to pay the window cleaner or, perhaps it is my age and eyesight. Hope to see a few more of you at the next one.
Chris

StefanDuma
Grayling

Post by StefanDuma »

Sounds like you had a great day!

Cane
Grayling

Post by Cane »

Really sad that I couldn’t get there. Glad to hear that those who made it enjoyed themselves and perhaps picked up a few treasures that they’ll show on TFF? At least I’ll be able to enjoy them at secondhand!
Looking forward to next year, whenever it rolls round again. I have my diary out ready. :tea:
In the mud and scum of things, something always, always sings!
Mrs Wigg's philosophy

Arcadia
Ruffe

Post by Arcadia »

A massive well done to Steve for putting on the Fair, it was as relaxed as usual, great to see everyone, meet a few new faces and to buy and sell a bit. I hope to confirm that Redditch will be ON on Sunday 21st November, just waiting for the final confirmation from the venue (Abbey Stadium as per) which I should get this week. I will do a separate posting on here when I know for definite. Any queries please don't hesitate to call me on the mobile 07980 274 383. John

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

I think everyone who attended Romsey yesterday felt the same, that finally a real sense of normality, at least for the vintage tackle brigade. Steve Draper did a sterling job on staging this longed for event. I was riding shotgun for Jeff Della Mura who was publicising his excellent next book on float winders, trust me it is very very good. I took a couple of bits just to fill the table. The fair itself was far better attended by sellers and buyers, a lot more than I thought would attend given the current situation. There was a lot of familiar faces and some new. I met up with Old Man Oakley who isn't old at all but has way too much hair. There was another member wearing a badge but he vanished before we could have a chat. A good day and I now look forward to Redditch.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

That is good news, it's now in the diary. :cheers:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

That's good news about Redditch, I didn't think it was going to happen!
A definite diary date for me too!
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

EdNash
Rudd

Post by EdNash »

A great fair. Met up with Mr. Crabtree and bought a couple of Mitchells from him. Negotiated a mitchell box from Mr Draper, best “prize” of all was a 1973 Woodbine Challenge competitor badge. Cheers all. Ed.

EdNash
Rudd

Post by EdNash »

Just another thing , does anyone know if Dave Petty is a member, I spoke to him about a lovely rod”the cherwell”

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”