Floats and split shot

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Re: Floats and split shot

Post by Mole-Patrol »

That was the first incarnation of the small box. Designed purely for fishing one small river. Since then I have made slight changes to make it more versatile. Basically added a second spool of line for the bigger inhabitants. When we go off in the motorhome that box is often all I take along with a rod, reel and landing net.

Homer Simpson
Grayling

Post by Homer Simpson »

Olly wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:56 pm Wilko:-
'Tool organiser' - 32 movable sections £3 - - Classic organiser - £1.50!!
Well done Olly, organiser was the key word.
I have the 13” one for my club pond set up.

I think that the ones that I have, have different size sections to those illustrated.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I have several Raaco ones - for trotting - 2 for barbel/chub ledgering - 2/3 for leads - spinners - etc.

I use these because they have a secure locking device so not not break open - spilling everything! Unless you forget to lock it!!!! :hairpull: Chaos!!

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

Mole-Patrol wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:14 am That was the first incarnation of the small box. Designed purely for fishing one small river. Since then I have made slight changes to make it more versatile. Basically added a second spool of line for the bigger inhabitants. When we go off in the motorhome that box is often all I take along with a rod, reel and landing net.

A very nice box. The rod is also intriguing me to.

All the best
Nige.

Mole-Patrol
Brown Trout

Post by Mole-Patrol »

The rod started life as a nine foot fly rod made by Forrest & Sons. It did the job on the Wharfe fishing for grayling, but I have no use for it in France. During the lockdown period when fishing was not possible I turned into a light Avon style rod. The 15cm length I removed from the top of the butt section was replaced with a length of whole cane below the original cork handle so it remains the same length and the rod still has two equal sections.

Everything on the rod is original except for the lower handle extension, reel bands and of course the new wrappings.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

This is my ultra light kit for roaming small rivers like the Wally, Wid, or Roding...

ImageImageImageImage
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

A jam box - used to conserve items!

They do some unusual tasting items - lovely!

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

Mole-Patrol wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:53 pm The rod started life as a nine foot fly rod made by Forrest & Sons. It did the job on the Wharfe fishing for grayling, but I have no use for it in France. During the lockdown period when fishing was not possible I turned into a light Avon style rod. The 15cm length I removed from the top of the butt section was replaced with a length of whole cane below the original cork handle so it remains the same length and the rod still has two equal sections.

Everything on the rod is original except for the lower handle extension, reel bands and of course the new wrappings.
Hello Clive,
excellent- what a great reworking of a rod.I can feel the itch that will need to be scratch .....a winter project in the making.

Best Regards
Nige.

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

The tubes for denture tablets are useful for carrying a handful of floats.

Rutilus
Roach

Post by Rutilus »

DaceAce wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:25 am The tubes for denture tablets are useful for carrying a handful of floats.
Oh, There's me thinking that the denture tablets were for making up an active, fizzy ground bait mix :Chuckle:

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”