DAM Centre Pin.

The DAM Reels forum.
Mr B
Arctic Char

DAM Centre Pin.

Post by Mr B »

I have never owned a DAM reel so this one at a bargain price, well If not not to much to loose! (£14) I purchased.

Looks a solid reel, 4 in wide spool so I will have a use for it.
As reels go, what are they like??? Looks a sound bit of German engineering!

Mr B

Ps.. I was thinking of striping the paint off?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Trilob
Chub

Re: DAM Centre Pin.

Post by Trilob »

Nice reel. I feel it might even look better stripped :)

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Nice find, Mr B!
Is the diameter 85 or 90 mm? The smaller reel was built from 1950 - 54, the larger model from 54 - 64.
Don't expect the reel to spin as freely as a British centre pin reel. It's definitely not a reel for trotting. Close in ledgering however is much fun with a DAM Senior. I've got a similar DAM reel. It's a little larger and has bakelite back plate. I'll post a couple of pictures tonight
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Duebel wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:01 am Nice find, Mr B!
Is the diameter 85 or 90 mm? The smaller reel was built from 1950 - 54, the larger model from 54 - 64.
Don't expect the reel to spin as freely as a British centre pin reel. It's definitely not a reel for trotting. Close in ledgering however is much fun with a DAM Senior. I've got a similar DAM reel. It's a little larger and has bakelite back plate. I'll post a couple of pictures tonight
It hasn't arrived yet but it is 4 inches with a wide spool.
Yes, I know what you are saying about trotting ( I have an Arial) but looks like a good heavy duty reel.
Yes, and the other comment.. I might strip off the paint.. not sure yet? Be interested in other views.

Thanks for the feedback.. always good.
Mr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Nice reel for a big carp, pike or barbel!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Yes, I just thought that...it was advertised as a good Carp/ Barbel reel.
Also because it was German.. I have no fishing tackle from Germany but know they can make dome solid stuff ( my last BMW motorbike!)
I was also thinking of visiting a mate in Germany nr The Black forest... last time I was there we walked a river that looked thick with fish.. not sure what the name of the river now..
So be nice to fish it with a German made reel!! And rod!
Must be some interesting German rods out there?
Mr B.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Mmm, should have hear looked first!

viewtopic.php?t=11684

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Duebel wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:01 am Nice find, Mr B!
It arrived and is 3 1/2 inches (88.9, or as you said around 90 mm) even though it was sold to me as 4 inches!
Its all good though, its a nice reel... spins well and has a nice ratchet that is not to noisy..
I also like the nut on the pin that can be tightened ( useful when ledgering with a bit of a flow, just half a turn back and its free spool again)
I'm going to give it a little clean tomorrow and oil it.
Mr B

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I thought I would take the paint of in the end.
Tuff paint!
Runs smooth now its all cleaned and oiled..
Looking forward to giving it a go.

Mr B

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

That's a lovely reel. It looks nice with the paint stripped off. May it catch a lot of fish for you!
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Return to “DAM Reels”