Garry Mills

A forum to show any of your restored or built traditional fishing reels.
EricW
Perch

Garry Mills

Post by EricW »

I would be amazed if this company hasn't be flagged up on here before but I just want to give a shout out to Garry Mills and Ray McClaren at The Mill tackle company. I took my Aerial in for a new ratchet switch this morning. Garry replaced the shattered plastic original with a new aluminium replica while I waited and then took the time and trouble to explain every detail of the reel and its use to me. He also switched the ratchet around for a left hand wind which involved a minor alteration to the pawl. Entirely unsolicited, Ray contacted Audrey Aspindale in an effort to find something for me and I couldn't be more grateful for the lengths they went to to help me out. :Hat:
These are the Golden Years. Don't waste them.

Here are some of our fishing films that you may enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrUkLb ... -bz8H_vr7A

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Garry Mills

Post by Dave Burr »

EricW wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:54 pm I would be amazed if this company hasn't be flagged up on here before but I just want to give a shout out to Garry Mills and Ray McClaren at The Mill tackle company. I took my Aerial in for a new ratchet switch this morning. Garry replaced the shattered plastic original with a new aluminium replica while I waited and then took the time and trouble to explain every detail of the reel and its use to me. He also switched the ratchet around for a left hand wind which involved a minor alteration to the pawl. Entirely unsolicited, Ray contacted Audrey Aspindale in an effort to find something for me and I couldn't be more grateful for the lengths they went to to help me out. :Hat:
He did a similar job on my Match Aerial but it took nearly four months :roll: I was in no hurry so it really didn't matter :Wink:

Duckett
Tench

Re: Garry Mills

Post by Duckett »

Gary is one of the nicest, most genuine and helpful people I have ever had the privilege of meeting. He often isn’t quick with repairs but they are always spot on and last. A few years ago I spent the day with him on one of his “Reel Experience Days” when he built a centrepin for me. I learnt so much about ‘pins and Youngs that day that my head almost exploded!
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=25861&p=352724&hil ... ls#p352724
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Traditional Reel Building and Restoring”