Fishing Magazines

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Phil Arnott
Chub

Fishing Magazines

Post by Phil Arnott »

I've finally got around to building a new bookcase to hold my fishing magazines. Some of which have been up in the loft for lack of shelf space.

They are Creel, Fishing, Anglers World and Angling. There's also some early "The Angler" magazine November 1948 to December 1953 and Angling (small format) 1936-1939.

John_Moore
Silver Bream

Re: Fishing Magazines

Post by John_Moore »

It's lovely to see a well organised person Phil, very well done..
John.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

I dare not show you mine....I had 5 big bookshelves in the spare room full with books and box's and box's of old mags.In the end because I was worried about the weight I put about half of them in the garage,but of course you cant see them now..the plan was that if we ever move they will all come out again...one day maybe,I don't even have to read them,just to look at them now and again is enough for me..Happy days

Carl Hier
Roach

Post by Carl Hier »

Very well done. You should feel proud every time you look at that bookcase.
Great collection and first-class organization.
It's not just about the fish, if waters are calm or rough, even if the net stays dry, just being there's enough.

Phil Arnott
Chub

Post by Phil Arnott »

Tizer wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:57 pm I dare not show you mine....I had 5 big bookshelves in the spare room full with books and box's and box's of old mags.In the end because I was worried about the weight I put about half of them in the garage,but of course you cant see them now..the plan was that if we ever move they will all come out again...one day maybe,I don't even have to read them,just to look at them now and again is enough for me..Happy days
I know the problem I have over 500 fishing books and other magazines apart from the ones shown.

Ally
Silver Bream

Post by Ally »

I used to keep old magazines but have had a bit of a clear out lately. Never looked at them and they just took up space or grew mouldy in the garage.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

If we have another lockdown, can I come and stay with you Phil?

Phil Arnott
Chub

Post by Phil Arnott »

Dave Burr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:00 pm If we have another lockdown, can I come and stay with you Phil?
You're always welcome to come and visit Dave.

Also my library is available to anyone who wants to do any research on sea fishing subjects as I have one of the best collections of sea fishing publications in the country. Chris Berry visited for his book on tunny fishing.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Phil Arnott wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:17 am
Dave Burr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:00 pm If we have another lockdown, can I come and stay with you Phil?
You're always welcome to come and visit Dave.

Also my library is available to anyone who wants to do any research on sea fishing subjects as I have one of the best collections of sea fishing publications in the country. Chris Berry visited for his book on tunny fishing.
Have you got Sky football and a cupboard full of single malts? :eyebrow:

I would imagine you also have many books and magazines that you have contributed to..... is that a separate bookshelf? :Wink:

Phil Arnott
Chub

Post by Phil Arnott »

I haven't got Sky Dave but I have just checked and I have a few unopened bottles of single malt - Laphroaig, Islay, Bushmills. Glen Keith also a Ballentine's which is a superb blended.

I'm more into a small sherry or port these days.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”