Rod ID?

The A. E. Rudge and Son Rods forum.
Jeremy.Airey
Minnow

Rod ID?

Post by Jeremy.Airey »

Hello Chaps

I know you like a challenge so please can any of you id this rod.
Specs: 3 piece split cane with a lightish steely action especially in the tip, length 12 footish although it might have lost an inch or two off the tip..
Handle 30 inches, cork with sliding silvery reel clamps and a black rubber buttcap with no markings on it .
The only identifying features are 6661 or 1999 handwritten on the butt and maybe the letter W. On the opposing face is 'S2' again handwritten.
I would say the action would be the heavier end of an avon style and I must say this appears to be good quality cane.
If you really want a challenge I also have a similar rod but only the tip is split cane with the but and either wholecane or reed, no markings at all on that rod , action very similar to above.
So do I have apair of hidden gems or just servicable also rans ?
I would post pics bur my camera takes pics that are too many meggybites, l will work on that.

Any help appreciated
Best regards
Jeremy

Silfield
Brown Trout

Re: Rod ID?

Post by Silfield »

I think that the 1999 / 6661 are accredited to Black Seal or Marco?
Not in a position to do a proper search on here atm but I am sure this question has come up before.
Good luck.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Jeremy.Airey
Minnow

Re: Rod ID?

Post by Jeremy.Airey »

Hello Silfield

You chaps are good and i think I found the post you mentioned (viewtopic.php?p=379364#p379364) .I'd never have guessed it was probably sold originaly out of the back of a van.
Now I wonder what the second rods origins are but I think that may even defeat you guys .

Thanks
Jeremy

Return to “A. E. Rudge and Son Cane Rods”