Another short film on angling on TalkingPicturesTV

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Duckett
Tench

Another short film on angling on TalkingPicturesTV

Post by Duckett »

“Look At Life: Out For a Catch”, Tuesday 11 January. 1830-1840 hours, TalkingPicturesTV. Blurb says, “A look into the fascinating and sometimes tragic aspects of angling, including the miles of inland waterway so polluted that no fish can live in them.”

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Wanderer
Brown Trout

Re: Another short film on angling on TalkingPicturesTV

Post by Wanderer »

Thanks for the info, Duckett, I'll be watching that all being well.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Gobio Gobio
Grayling

Post by Gobio Gobio »

Thanks Phil, it appears to be a series although I'm sure the others will not be angling related.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Gobio Gobio wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:12 pm Thanks Phil, it appears to be a series although I'm sure the others will not be angling related.
Yes, there’s one on trains that I’m also recording.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Although opening and closing with some rather daft film and commentary about people looking for the Loch Ness Monster (the Rank Organisation’s idea light entertainment perhaps), what lay between was actually quite interesting. I particularly enjoyed the series of shots of cane rod, hook and fly making taken inside the Millwards factory. References to the number of women fishing and fish care in film of a match between Harrow Waltonians and Hereford anglers were also interesting given it was 1964 (my Mum taught me to fish). Shots and commentary on the impact of river pollution, plus efforts to end this, make me wonder how far we have actually progressed ………. film of wash day soap suds floating on the Avon at Stratford reminding me of the Mersey in the 1970s. Most alarming moment was the commentary that an 11lb Mirror Carp caught on potato was being “gaffed” when it was clearly being netted! A mixed bag but well worth the 10 minutes viewing time.

Phil

Return to “Fishing Films”