Greetings from windswept Cheshire.

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Mike Norbury
Stickleback

Re: Greetings from windswept Cheshire.

Post by Mike Norbury »

Mr B wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:04 pm Welcome... and just one rod... (cane)
You will be amazed how the can breed over the course of six months!
Have fun and keep fishing.
Mr B
plus a hardy palakona spinning rod that needs a bit of tlc to get it back to its former glory.

they do seem to want to gather i could quite easily end up with a cane plantation in the spare room :whistle:

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Hello and welcome Mike, those lightning conductors will soon be a distant memory :Hat:
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Martin James
Tench

Post by Martin James »

Mike Welcome to the TFF, lots of good anglers with lots of info, enjoy.

Mike Norbury
Stickleback

Post by Mike Norbury »

thank you for all the welcome posts ,thoroughly enjoying browsing through all the sections and previous threads .
off down wales for short break then hopefully the rivers might be back in their banks for the end of the season. quite looking forward to trying out the cane rod i bought from chatsworth fishing fair bring and buy sale tent in the mid 90s. used it a couple of times then , since then its been mothballed (forgotten about) until sunday just gone when being accepted onto the forum i thought dust off that old rod ...... turns out to have serial no e31516 and the hardy crest on it which id never noticed .so anyway rung the nice chap at hardys museum and he reported that it was made in 1935 and it is a wallis avon . quite handy as thats what's written on the butt section but i always thought nah it wont be a hardy rod for £25-30 even back then .

GameKeeper
Bleak

Post by GameKeeper »

A very warm welcome Mike

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Welcome Mike! I was a member of PAAS until I moved down south in the late 1980s. Some great memories!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Greetings from the TFF Mike!
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”