Aerialite Slater latch type date.

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: Aerialite Slater latch type date.

Post by Mr B »

Thanks for your input Gents,
Thats great and a good age too!
It amazes me how Bakelite that is supposed to be fragile last so long! It must have been well looked after.
Very interesting and could have gone through the war too.
80 years old
Its a nice little reel.

Mr B
Ps... CP then the number simple numbering.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

This model certainly was listed in the 1940 Allcock's Anglers Guide. (Sorry I couldn't flatten the pages without breaking the spine.)

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

AshbyCut wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:46 pm This model certainly was listed in the 1940 Allcock's Anglers Guide. (Sorry I couldn't flatten the pages without breaking the spine.)

I couldn't find my reel on there unless I have missed something?
Thanks so much for loading that on though..
If you can point me in the right direction that will be great.. it could well be me..didn't see the slater latch type..
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Mr B wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:37 pm
AshbyCut wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:46 pm This model certainly was listed in the 1940 Allcock's Anglers Guide. (Sorry I couldn't flatten the pages without breaking the spine.)

If you can point me in the right direction that will be great.. it could well be me..didn't see the slater latch type..
Mr B
Just a one line mention on the right hand page ... 5th entry down ... "8926CP. As 8926, with centre pin action. 3 3/4 inch. 11/9 each."

Interesting to note that the model 8926 is listed with the name " 'The Aerialite' Swimming Reel.A beautiful reel for swimming a bait for roach, dace, chub etc.Equally good for pike spinning, and fish up to 27lbs. have been taken on this reel,"
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

AshbyCut wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:35 pm
Mr B wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:37 pm

Mr B
Just a one line mention on the right hand page ... 5th entry down ... "8926CP. As 8926, with centre pin action. 3 3/4 inch. 11/9 each."

Interesting to note that the model 8926 is listed with the name " 'The Aerialite' Swimming Reel.A beautiful reel for swimming a bait for roach, dace, chub etc.Equally good for pike spinning, and fish up to 27lbs. have been taken on this reel,"

Ah, yes, I missed that. Nice terminology, "Swimming reel, "swimming a bait" and not a bad track record, Pike up to 27 lbs!
Thanks for the info.

Mr B

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”