Amusingly cheap jacket

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Russell Brown
Rudd

Amusingly cheap jacket

Post by Russell Brown »

A couple of times every year I attend a little fly fishers auction at a local church hall.I'm not a fluff chucker but they always have some course tackle on offer.So...............rods,reels,sundries,paraphernalia and clothing.There were a few jackets on show,one was a Hardy,another was a very smart Tweed jacket.I bid for the Hardy jacket unsuccessfully.The auctioneer then announces "This is the one we've all been waiting for".After only a couple of bids,I won the aforementioned Tweed jacket for £28.I hadn't even tried it on !!! Auction finishes and we're in the pub when someone mentions my £28 purchase. The jacket is 'like new' and fits me perfectly and I look every inch the country gentleman.It is a Laksen sports jacket RRP £600+.I was stunned.Now,when I'm out fishing,I always pass comment on my friends nasty £100 jacket 👍

Wanderer
Brown Trout

Re: Amusingly cheap jacket

Post by Wanderer »

Well done, Russell.
I like a nice Jacket, myself and occasionally wear my Harris Tweed, when fishing.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Russell Brown
Rudd

Post by Russell Brown »

For 99% of my fishing career I've had to call upon my very own motto."Looking good outweighs fishing talent" 😎

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Russell Brown wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:09 pm For 99% of my fishing career I've had to call upon my very own motto."Looking good outweighs fishing talent" 😎
In my career I've found the lovers of head to foot branding are almost always the greatest advocates of such thinking! In recent flyfishing circles Simms of Bozeman (canton?) are the main culprits of the fashionista label. "All the gear but no idea" isn't yet their tagline.....but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they've actually thought about it and have it registered somewhere though :laugh1:
(Back in the day when they really did make good products in US they used to be good but now like so many they are reduced to producing exceptionally popular overpriced far east rubbish)

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Russell Brown wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:09 pm For 99% of my fishing career I've had to call upon my very own motto."Looking good outweighs fishing talent" 😎
I would be happy with either....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Bleak
Bleak

Post by Bleak »

Well done on your purchase.
I have a Laksen cap, that's where my budget
ends. Enjoy.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”