Rainbow Trout

20lb + eel

Post by Bobthefloat »

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Re: 20lb + eel

Post by Bobthefloat »

The follow up video is great!!!
Last edited by Bobthefloat on Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAA
Crucian Carp

Post by JAA »

The New Zealand longfin eel (anguilla dieffenbachii) has been recorded at 24kg and there are some quite scary reports of far larger fish...
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯ ><(((º>
Cole aka JAA
https://crucians.org/
https://www.anotherangler.net/

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Interesting fish and some nice pictures but that narration :Thumbsdown:: dreadful

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Echo the above.

StalkingLuke
Crucian Carp

Post by StalkingLuke »

I once had an encounter with the NZ eel!
Fishing the evening hatch on an upland South Island lake, I was wading upto my thighs NZ style, as in just wearing thermal leggings and shorts. I'd had a great time catching several decent brownies on dries. I was so engrossed in the feeding trout that I chose to ignore the occasional strange slithery feeling around my legs for sometime but as the light faded and the fish stopped feeding I decided to switch on my headtorch and look down into the dark water. I was so shocked to see several eels that I swear were the size of huge Conger eels swimming around my legs! My friend who was above me on the bank said that my mind blowing jump backwards onto dry land defied the laws of physics 🤣 I never waded again into dark water.
The locals would fish for them with small balls of blood soaked wool that the monster eels teeth would become entangled in enough for them.to be brought ashore.
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Liphook wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:13 pm Interesting fish and some nice pictures but that narration :Thumbsdown:: dreadful
Yes Alistair it is quite painful isn't it :Notlisterning: :Chuckle:
There is a video of the guys just fishing and catching eels which is much more bearable.
I was just shocked at the size of the eels!

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Part one and two are available on Youtube

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

StalkingLuke wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:45 pm I once had an encounter with the NZ eel!
Fishing the evening hatch on an upland South Island lake, I was wading upto my thighs NZ style, as in just wearing thermal leggings and shorts. I'd had a great time catching several decent brownies on dries. I was so engrossed in the feeding trout that I chose to ignore the occasional strange slithery feeling around my legs for sometime but as the light faded and the fish stopped feeding I decided to switch on my headtorch and look down into the dark water. I was so shocked to see several eels that I swear were the size of huge Conger eels swimming around my legs! My friend who was above me on the bank said that my mind blowing jump backwards onto dry land defied the laws of physics 🤣 I never waded again into dark water.
The locals would fish for them with small balls of blood soaked wool that the monster eels teeth would become entangled in enough for them.to be brought ashore.
Great story! :Hahaha: :Hat:

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Jeremy Wade did a feature on these Eels in "River Monsters" He covered himself in guts etc and got into the river.He was covered in Eels in no time! :Scared:

Return to “Eel (Anguilla anguilla)”