Walking boots

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Walking boots

Post by Mark »

My Jack Pyke Fieldman boots have had a good soak with leather cream and then buffed up. They and myself are now ready for the 16th.

Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

SooperClooper
Silver Bream

Post by SooperClooper »

I don't think you can go wrong with the Brasher/Berghaus Supalite GTX, they have a lovely soft leather lining with a goretex membrane between inner and outer leather making them totally waterproof, I have worn many pairs of boots over the last 50 odd years and the Supalite GTX is simply the most comfortable boot I have worn, highly recommended.

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

I do a great deal of walking and Meindl are the best I've ever had.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

PeteD
Rudd

Post by PeteD »

Bobthefloat wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:04 pm Thank you for all the feedback chap's :Hat:
I was hoping for at least one vote for some traditional Italian hand made leather boots :Chuckle:
Plenty of food for thought
I might be able to help you with that. I have a pair of Fracap M120 boots from Italy. These are not such a well known brand but after doing some research last year I put them on my Christmas list and my good lady took note. They are a really nice soft leather and were comfortable straight out of the box. There are a number of UK stockists on the internet where they retail for around £200 or you can pay a bit more and order them direct which gives you the option of customising the colour / sole type combination. My wife managed to find me a pair at a discount in the colour I wanted for £180 at the time.

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”