River Wallington Gudgeon film

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

River Wallington Gudgeon film

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Earlier this Year Drennan international contacted PDAS asking permission to film a video about small rivers and in particular Gudgeon on the Wally which was granted, in March I met up with Lawrence Hanger and Jack Griffiths and fished where we in the main fish the Wally Gonk Jollies, I think the film captures the essence of the river and the inner excitement of most that fish it.

Hope you enjoy

going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Duckett
Tench

Re: River Wallington Gudgeon film

Post by Duckett »

Enjoyed that Rob. Interesting that Drennan clearly don’t do a rod suitable for trotting tiny rivers! Thanks for sharing.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Very enjoyable,looks very similar to the rivers Can and Wid.Thanks for posting.

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

Enjoyed that. Small river/stream fishing is my favourite type of fishing and the "Wally" looks to be a little beauty.

Thanks for posting.

All the best.
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Duckett wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:15 pm Enjoyed that Rob. Interesting that Drennan clearly don’t do a rod suitable for trotting tiny rivers! Thanks for sharing.

Phil
I suggested the guys ask Peter about manufacturing a smaller float rod Phil :Thumb:
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Took me back, thanks for that

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

A quiver tip? On a carp rod? Oh dear, I do hope he's not invited to the Jolly Rob.

But it did show the Wally in all its grandeur. As for the little black spot on the fish's head, it's obviously one that's been kissed by Moley :Chuckle:

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:39 am
Duckett wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:15 pm Enjoyed that Rob. Interesting that Drennan clearly don’t do a rod suitable for trotting tiny rivers! Thanks for sharing.

Phil
I suggested the guys ask Peter about manufacturing a smaller float rod Phil :Thumb:
Good on you Rob! Gudgeon in a carp quiver tip! Did he name any of them? :Hahaha: :Hahaha: :Hahaha:
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Dave Burr wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:49 pm A quiver tip? On a carp rod? Oh dear, I do hope he's not invited to the Jolly Rob.

But it did show the Wally in all its grandeur. As for the little black spot on the fish's head, it's obviously one that's been kissed by Moley :Chuckle:
To be fair Dave, the enthusiasm was genuine!

Phil

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Duckett wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:17 pm
Dave Burr wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:49 pm A quiver tip? On a carp rod? Oh dear, I do hope he's not invited to the Jolly Rob.

To be fair Dave, the enthusiasm was genuine!

Phil
I'm sure it was and the video was a promotional one so, there was a need to advertise. After all, home many modern anglers would see trotting as their first choice method? The poor misguided fools.

Return to “Fishing Films”