River Wallington Gudgeon film

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
DaceAce
Eel

Re: River Wallington Gudgeon film

Post by DaceAce »

Shame about the over-gunned gear - crying out for a wand? - and the far too loud and unnecessary music.

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Jack is a match angler at heart but I did let him have some casts with the No Name Cane and C815, Lawrence's sister lives locally so I've offered him a guest ticket as he didn't get to fish that day.the river actually didn't fish that well that day but the guy's loved it, the aim of the video was to encourage juniors and beginners away from thinking they can rock up to a lake and get a 30
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Dave Burr wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:20 pm
Duckett wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:17 pm
Dave Burr wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:49 pm A quiver tip? On a carp rod? Oh dear, I do hope he's not invited to the Jolly Rob.

But it did show the Wally in all its grandeur. As for the little black spot on the fish's head, it's obviously one that's been kissed by Moley :Chuckle:
To be fair Dave, the enthusiasm was genuine!

Phil
I'm sure it was and the video was a promotional one so, there was a need to advertise. After all, home many modern anglers would see trotting as their first choice method? The poor misguided fools.
It’s interesting though. A club I am a member of back home on the Wirral did a deal on access to some nice stretches of the River Dee 3 seasons ago. Previously, it was still water and canal only. At the time, only a handful of use talked about and tried trotting. Since then, another half dozen seem to have taken it up from scratch. Those quiver tipping do not do as well from reports I have read.

We have several stretches of the Shropshire Union canal and arms that regularly have quite a string under tow. Earlier this season, someone actually asked us known trotters if it could work ……. when we said yes, try, no one seemed at all surprised!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Wallyboy Rob
Chub

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

DaceAce wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:22 pm Shame about the over-gunned gear - crying out for a wand? - and the far too loud and unnecessary music.
That wasn't over-gunned for the Wally Mark, we have some 4lb Chub, hefty Sea Trout and lots of roots in a narrow stream. As for the music I think it was fitting for the river and am sure the guys that fish the Wally Jollie's and have come to know and love the river would agree, I think the video captured the pure essence of a Wally experience :Thumb: :Hat:

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Would the bridge shown in the video be Cheesemans Bridge by any chance.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

It is... a cracking little spot
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Wally Roy
Roach

Post by Wally Roy »

It's a delightful little river I love fishing it.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I was maybe being over-critical Rob, but the word 'carp' on a rod tells a story that doesn't need telling :Wink: But many of our members have made or adapted rods just for the Wally and large fish have not really figured in their design.

It's all this modern stuff innit, labels and fashion and all that nonsense.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I don't care what tackle they used... its all about the river and the fish
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Wallyboy Rob
Chub

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

To be fair to Drennan they seem to be the most traditional of the modern companies

Return to “Fishing Films”