The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2022

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
JAA
Crucian Carp

Re: STALLS AVAILABLE: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2022

Post by JAA »

RBTraditional wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:07 am Dog apartheid sickens me, we see it everywhere from shops, pubs, angling clubs etc …. I was recently in Holt, Norfolk and had spotted a nice Barbour coat on the rack just inside the door of a country clothing outlet, so I stepped inside for a closer look with my spaniel in tow… the lady who presumably owned the business came over and ranted quite loudly at me about no dogs being allowed… my reply as I beat a retreat was “thank you, you’ve just saved me £200!” Hopefully that gave her something to consider in these tough times for retail…..
No disrespect, but not everyone likes dogs or wants them around.

That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with either them, or them exercising a right to not let them into their premises. :Hat:
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯ ><(((º>
Cole aka JAA
https://crucians.org/
https://www.anotherangler.net/

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: STALLS AVAILABLE: The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Fair - Sunday 13th November 2022

Post by RBTraditional »

JAA wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:32 pm
RBTraditional wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:07 am Dog apartheid sickens me, we see it everywhere from shops, pubs, angling clubs etc …. I was recently in Holt, Norfolk and had spotted a nice Barbour coat on the rack just inside the door of a country clothing outlet, so I stepped inside for a closer look with my spaniel in tow… the lady who presumably owned the business came over and ranted quite loudly at me about no dogs being allowed… my reply as I beat a retreat was “thank you, you’ve just saved me £200!” Hopefully that gave her something to consider in these tough times for retail…..

That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with either them, or them exercising a right to not let them into their premises. :Hat:
Which reminds me of this….
“The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.'
Mark Twain
🐶
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

I'm with you on this one RBT.When I had my springer spaniel she used to really enjoy visiting the public bar of my local.She would lie under the table and get treats of saucers of bitter and crisps.When the new owners banned dogs we voted with our feet and paws.It's such a shame that many pubs are now only one bar,no public and saloon,and do not welcome well behaved dogs.
Surely the owner of a country clothing store would welcome dogs as many of her customers would presumably be dog owners.We live in a strange old world!

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

I think I know the shop in question (begins with an M?) and have visited on many occasions before.
Take solace in the fact that Yates is probably a lot cleaner and better mannered that a good few of the clientele.
I remember me, my wife and 5 year old son being told to leave the pub opposite one day as John Major, Norma and bodyguard wanted the place to themselves for lunch! Bloomin cheek.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

JAA
Crucian Carp

Post by JAA »

RBTraditional wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:59 pm

Mark Twain
🐶
" 'A dog doesn't care if its master's good or bad, just so long as it likes the dog.' "
Sir Terry Pratchett (Wyrd Sisters)
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯ ><(((º>
Cole aka JAA
https://crucians.org/
https://www.anotherangler.net/

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

JAA wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:53 pm
RBTraditional wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:59 pm

Mark Twain
🐶
" 'A dog doesn't care if its master's good or bad, just so long as it likes the dog.' "
Sir Terry Pratchett (Wyrd Sisters)

“The dog is a gentleman, I hope to go to his heaven, not man’s”
Mark Twain
:Hat:…. anyway enjoy your “dog free” day, I hope all goes well…I’ll be out for a wander with my best mate :Thumb:

" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

One always imagines that dogs are banned from restaurants by Law. It must be true because you never see a dog in a restaurant.

But in fact no such Law exists, it's all down to the owner of the premises to decide and they invariably opt to ban dogs because......you never see a dog in a restaurant. :-)

I've been lucky enough to own two dogs who managed to keep themselves pretty clean, but I do know one or two dogs who get the others a bad name. Indeed my gift to the mother of my current pup was a bottle of dog shampoo called Fox Poo. That such a product even exists explains a lot........

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Nobby wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:24 am One always imagines that dogs are banned from restaurants by Law. It must be true because you never see a dog in a restaurant.

But in fact no such Law exists, it's all down to the owner of the premises to decide and they invariably opt to ban dogs because......you never see a dog in a restaurant. :-)

I've been lucky enough to own two dogs who managed to keep themselves pretty clean, but I do know one or two dogs who get the others a bad name. Indeed my gift to the mother of my current pup was a bottle of dog shampoo called Fox Poo. That such a product even exists explains a lot........
As a real lover of dogs I agree with you 100% Nobby! The problem for owners or 'renters' of premises is that if they admit dogs, they run risks! In todays society of 'claim culture' the possibility of claims against you for any incident involving dogs would be too much to take on! :surrender:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Litigious layabouts

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Nobby wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:15 am Litigious layabouts
I couldn't agree more, but you have to be so careful now, where 'Public liability' or 'Health and Safety' issues can be used against you! :surrender:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”