Keeping Warm And Comfortable Martin James MBE

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Martin James
Eel

Keeping Warm And Comfortable Martin James MBE

Post by Martin James »

Keeping Warm And Comfortable

I have worn base layer clothing for many years, having a circulation problem caused by Multiple Sclerosis. My doctor at the time suggested a good base layer clothing would help, apart from spending a lot of time outdoors in all weathers, as a river keeper, angler and bird watcher. In the past Helly Hansen were very good, sadly they changed the quality which I feel deteriorated the product, also switching to a unisex system. In my opinion it was no longer a good brand product. During the past few years I’ve tried other brands, nothing has really done the job to my satisfaction.

Thankfully through an Angling Trust press release I learnt about ZEROFIT Heatrub ultimate base layer. I quote from ZEROFIT “It’s the brainchild of Mr Koji Higashi, a keen golfer who felt the cold negatively impacted his game, identified an opportunity to create products on a vastly elevated level to what existed.

Result- The Worlds Warmest Baselayer”

I decided to bite the bullet and purchase not the full base layer, but the top to see what this new product was like. I immediately felt the benefit, I was so impressed within days I ordered a pair of long johns with a fly, no silly nonsense of unisex. Two weeks later I ordered two pairs of socks for both my wife and myself. Also a pair of ladies long johns for my wife, who suffers from Raynaud's disease usually triggered by cold temperatures. The condition occurs because your blood vessels go into a temporary spasm, which blocks the flow of blood. This causes the affected area to change colour to white, then blue and then red, as the blood flow returns. I can certainly recommend this product for its warmth comfort and quality.
Further details contact michael@zerofit.co.uk

Liphook
Barbel

Re: Keeping Warm And Comfortable Martin James MBE

Post by Liphook »

I saw these in the AT press release. Glad to hear they perform as well as advertised Martin :Hat:

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

That’s very useful Martin. I was out on the river Saturday and it wasn’t particularly cold for this time of year. However, the unseasonal mildness has put me in a false sense of security and I wasn’t dressed properly. I enjoyed my day but I just couldn’t get warm in the car. I spent two hours with the heated seat on, to warm my bones, the whole journey home. Time for a re-think and some proper preparation (and clothing).
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Raynaud Syndrome is also/especially found in those who use vibrating machinery - chainsaw for me - with other machines from wacker plates to electric drills, etc. White finger syndrome it is called by many.

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

Martin this is excellent. I too wear a baselayer under my shirt. Also quality socks such a sealskinz make a huge difference to one's overall comfort.
You also might want to consider a heated boadywarmer. These are powered by a small power bank and can be excellent so I'm told. They'll last 6/8 hours on a single pack which weights little more than a traditional charcoal hand warmer.
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Old Man River
Eel

Post by Old Man River »

Looks interesting Martin, I also suffer from Reynauds, especially in my hands, it gets so bad when I am beach fishing especially, that I literally lose all feeling in my hands and they are about as much use as a a one legged man in a bottom kicking contest .

I use thermal gloves, and have purchased two electric handwarmers which I keep switched on in my pockets . It has transformed my cold numb hands into usable appendages once more .
It is also more “ stuff” to carry around, but a small price to pay for the benefits.
I shall look up Zerofit and hopefully it will help with the other places that get too cold to function.

David
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Thank you for posting this Martin :Hat:

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”